AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Big Brotherwatching You !!

I bet this happens sometime they will be able to fine you automatically should you go over the speed limit anytime & charge you for the miles you do......the technology is there it will also kill the car industry when it does.

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/02042009/36...-closer-0.html

2. # ADS
    ADS

dbm
    3rd Gear

Status
    Whilst I agree that this kind of technology is undesirable, and it would probably signal my emigrating, I am comfortable that it will not come on line in the next 5 or 10 years. I work in IT, testing large computer systems, and the sheer volume of data which needs to be processed to make this kind of system work is too large to handle at the moment. You only need to look at the difficulties being experienced with the NHS project to see how tricky this kind of thing is, and sharing patient records is much more straightforward than computing and recording speeds / locations for literally millions of cars.

Cheers,
    Dan

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Balderdash! Which satellites are to be receiving this half second pulse? GPS sats transmit timing and orbital data, they don't receive data from GPS devices. If they intend launching some new sats, how many do they expect to buy for 36m?!? Maybe there's a buy-one-get-one free special on at Tesco!

Hmmm, was it published 1 April...?
    Last edited by a3norwich; 5th April 2009 at 15:54.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    Whilst I agree that this kind of technology is undesirable, and it would probably signal my emigrating, I am comfortable that it will not come on line in the next 5 or 10 years. I work in IT, testing large computer systems, and the sheer volume of data which needs to be processed to make this kind of system work is too large to handle at the moment. You only need to look at the difficulties being experienced with the NHS project to see how tricky this kind of thing is, and sharing patient records is much more straightforward than computing and recording speeds / locations for literally millions of cars.

Cheers,
    Dan
    I work on the NHS cfh project and agree that this would take atleast 5 to 10 years to get off.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah its been in pipeworks for while now mate, auto speed ticketing which each car has going into certain areas with the speed receivers etc, auto toll roads etc etc, just ridiculous mate, they make cars that can do 155 but max limit is 70, urrrm lets see why would that be, ahhhh so they can fine us, idiots, if they really want to cut down speeding & accidents they should have limits on cars speeds simple.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fizz View Post
    I work on the NHS cfh project and agree that this would take atleast 5 to 10 years to get off.
    Ye ye, 5-10, lol, how late is nhs one now

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    to do this they would need trackers in every car ... you can buy tracker blockers for 40 quid.... 36 million down the drain lol.... theres always a way around it either that or lynch the whole government judges and solicitors especially drag the pieces of shyte through the streets i hate the government they let us get swamp by illegals and rob the shyte out of us buy pating more tax and speeding fines and countless other things ... kill em alll

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I think you have violent tendencies, lol

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    lol i know .... i really hate the government though with this crap them and the council shuv out .... burn em all lol,,.....

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    to do this they would need trackers in every car ... you can buy tracker blockers for 40 quid.... 36 million down the drain lol.... theres always a way around it either that or lynch the whole government judges and solicitors especially drag the pieces of shyte through the streets i hate the government they let us get swamp by illegals and rob the shyte out of us buy pating more tax and speeding fines and countless other things ... kill em alll
    dont mince your words, say what you really mean
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

5th Gear

Status
    what a great idea, can't we just reduce accidents by teaching people how to drive properly?
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

automatic

Status
    If all cars were limited to the same speed I truly believe there would be three times as many accidents

Look at how people walk. Some run. Some dawdle. But everyone picks their own speed to get where they're going. If everyone walked the same speed there would be mayhem.

Same on the roads. Say everyone was flat out at 70, bunched up together. Mess!
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

I cant spell !

Status
    Because teaching people to drive properly is too simple an idea, it will not make any money for the goverment through fines to squander on the latest stupid idea and because it does not fit the goverment plans of controlling / monitoring our movements and reducing the number of private motorists!

Richard
    MY12 Black edition TT Roadster with a tractor engine !

Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by klauster View Post
    what a great idea, can't we just reduce accidents by teaching people how to drive properly?

Amen.

2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

Quote Originally Posted by klauster View Post
    I agree completely. Teach people to drive and not to just pass the Driving Test.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Lex
    2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by richs2891 View Post
    Because teaching people to drive properly is too simple an idea, it will not make any money for the goverment through fines to squander on the latest stupid idea and because it does not fit the goverment plans of controlling / monitoring our movements and reducing the number of private motorists!

Richard
    they wouldn't make money but they would save money by not having as many accidents to rush out to.

i've done my iam driving test and i honestly think everyone should be made to take this test within the first year of driving
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it