S3 Grille sticks missing

JoolsS3

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to these forums, just picked up my 2009 S3 Sportback during the first week of March.

I've just realised that 3 of the chrome grille sticks are missing! One that's next to the S3 badge and two small ones above the numberplate. No idea how it's happened... makes me wonder if they were there in the first place!

Does anyone know if you can buy these individually from Audi? I see a kit on ebay, but these are for pre-facelift cars. Are the grill sticks any different?

Please help!

cheers
Jools

mate you have just picked your car up take the damn thing back and say your misses noticed it and you want them putting in for nothing

Yeah mate take it back as they dont tend to fall out by themselves tbh, prob some lazy **** on the line was taking the **** or hungover that day, lol

defo take it back. I've had mine 6 months now and I am still finding things wrong LOL.

yeah you guys are right. The problem is the dealers, they'll probably try and tell me I hit something on the road. However, there's no sign of any scratches or damage, so they didn't come out with force!

I'll go with the point that they were either missing or they just fell out - therefore shoddily put together!

yeah you guys are right. The problem is the dealers, they'll probably try and tell me I hit something on the road. However, there's no sign of any scratches or damage, so they didn't come out with force!

I'll go with the point that they were either missing or they just fell out - therefore shoddily put together!

Exactly mate!!. Regardless of them falling off while driving down a bumpy road or washing the car. If they have come off any other way than someone removing them they were either never fitted or fitted poorly. Audi will try and worm their way out of anything, stick to your guns and insist its sorted. I have got a bit of a dispute going on at the mo over paint coming off the rear valance. Unless I have gouged it out with a screwdriver that should never happen. They are trying to say I have washed the car too aggressively. If they don't sort it they will see what aggressive is LOL