Customs code remap

NorthernSoul

Reaction score
Anyone had a Custom code remap done on a 2.0TFSI. Looking for info on the following.

Dealer advised additional 50 BHP achieveable ?
Price - Does GBP 399.00 seem reasonable ?
Does it actually improve economy that much ?
Any negative issues to consider ?
Will it invalidate Audi warranty ?
Do most ppl advise there Insurance ?

Many questions I know. Look forward to the usual good feedback.

Cheers

Custom Codes custom maps are AMAZING, been out in a 2.0 TDI 140 with TB Milly and map, absolutley flew, power all the way to the red line.

If you fit a miltek and new air filter then you should get more than 50bhp. £399 is a good price. The main negative I know is that the clutch wears out a bit quicker than normal. The s3 can handle a remap much better. So might me worth getting a uprated clutch and selling old one on eBay. Also, get yourself a high flow fuel pump. The engine will rev so freely. They say you will get more miles cos you don need to drive hard as you have more power, by t is good driving it hard. The warrenty shouldn't be effected as it is still the original ecu but smeone else may need to verify that. N yes inform your insurance. You should be able to get away with it but not worth the risk in my eyes

Anyone had a Custom code remap done on a 2.0TFSI. Looking for info on the following.

1- Dealer advised additional 50 BHP achieveable ?
2- Price - Does GBP 399.00 seem reasonable ?
3- Does it actually improve economy that much ?
4- Any negative issues to consider ?
5- Will it invalidate Audi warranty ?
6- Do most ppl advise there Insurance ?

Many questions I know. Look forward to the usual good feedback.

Cheers

1- Yes.
2- Yes.
3- Little bit but its the power/torque gains that are important IMO.
4- Question marks regarding clutch and the whole VAG range so its a bit of a lottery. I wouldnt let that stop you as everything else seems to stand up to Stage 1 Remaps pretty well.
5- Yes if they find out.
Just make sure the map is switched back to stock for dealer visits and they wont.
CC will advise on how to do this as the method varies depending on the type of software you have.
6- Depends how much extra its is and whether you think its worth paying the extra or taking the chance. (Been few threads on this).
I have declared mine this time around but havent always in the past.

Good luck
Paul

Hey Paul, many thanks for the response - very helpful matey...gonna financially recover from buying the car and then make a decision.

Cheers
Bruce