Chipped-Uk ST3 Group Buy Round3!

Paul_c

Reaction score
Right then... time out, round three!! :box:

Since i missed out on the last round of ST3 and been in connunication with a guy on the MKIV forum. He has organised a new group buy with chipped-uk and their ST-3 unit.

As before we need 10 or more to qualify for the great price of £299 inc vat! (current web price £399 inc vat)

The list below:- awaiting confirmation from a further 4 people on MKIV

1 MKIV 'Organiser' (Confirmed)
2 MKIV member (Confirmed)
3 MKIV member (Confirmed)
4 MKIV member (Confirmed)
5 Paul_C (Confirmed)
6 a_sagad (Confirmed)
7 Cyanescent (Confirmed)
8 Si88 (Confirmed)
9 Flibble (Confirmed)
10 MKIV member (Confirmed)
11 MKIV member (awaiting Confirmation)

Please post/PM me if you would like to be included in the group buy! :thumbsup:

If anyone doesn't know about the ST-3 unit by now you can follow this link for more info...
http://www.chippeduk.com/products/ST3/ST3_Intelligent_Self_Tuning_System.html

at the risk of being flamed lol what would this bring an 8p s3 up to?

So for £300 your BHP goes from 265 to 300 - 320?? Can't be right, just don't believe that for minute. How does that work then?

I'll be in if you can get it for the 3.2?

im in on this how do you confirm?

how do we pay for this direct to chipped uk?

I'll be in if you can get it for the 3.2?

Yes you certainly can. PM me if you want in MF-Racing.

A3 2003 3.2 V6 24V

Ecomony Tune:- 14bhp & 20Nm torque over standard + 8% mpg saving.
Fast Road Tune:- 22bhp & 32Nm torque over standard

:rock:

So for £300 your BHP goes from 265 to 300 - 320?? Can't be right, just don't believe that for minute. How does that work then?

S3 (8P) 2.0 16v TFSI

Ecomony Tune:- 31bhp & 55Nm torque over standard + 6% mpg saving.
Fast Road Tune:- 44bhp & 69Nm torque over standard

:racer: lol...

Id be tempted with this but cant see anywhere where it says it would work with the 170bhp 2.0 tdi quattro

Ecomony Tune:- 31bhp & 55Nm torque over standard + 6% mpg saving.
Fast Road Tune:- 44bhp & 69Nm torque over standard

Is this actually true and proven? I thought on cars like an M3 for example you may get 10 extra bhp but pay £600 for it.

On an S3 this would be 265 + 44 so approx 309 which would be rapid.

im in on this how do you confirm?

how do we pay for this direct to chipped uk?

Si88: you have a pm.

Payment is direct to chipped uk. Once numbers are finalised myself of Neil from UK MKIV will contact you with further details.

Any definites, please send me a confirmation PM so i can supply you with contact details.

Cheers

Paul-c, what about a 2.0 tdi quattro (140 standard)?

2.0 TDI 140bhp: Economy tune 28bhp & 60Nm Torque with 20% fuel saving. Fast Road tune 40bhp & 85Nm Torque.

Hope this clears things up.... now get your names down!! :yum:

2.0 TDI 140bhp: Economy tune 28bhp & 60Nm Torque with 20% fuel saving. Fast Road tune 40bhp & 85Nm Torque.

Do you think its worth it on my 100+K DSG box or it could be problem ?
I might be changing for a 170 quattro so shall I wait ?

so paul c

with all my mods what do you think i could acheive ? iv just posted a distressing thread lol its called remaps !!?? have a read and see why i want another map
id love to see 330+ but spent a lot already and want it proven kinda thing mate

I picked one of these up in the last round, the maps offered are as follows;

Economy - Offers a slight improvement in power, but a noticeable improvement in MPG, if driven carefully.

High Torque - Improved midrange grunt, not a lot of top end difference. Good for casual mid range overtaking, and motorway top gear work. Slight improvement in economy.

Fast Road - Much grunt. My 150bhp AVJ 1.8T is running this now, very good, lots of power, similar real world consumption to regular map.

Race - Maximum power for each engine, has a risk of setting engine management warning light off which would need a reset. Rumour has it, these maps can be a little aggressive on clutches and do add lots of additional strain to the car. Again, if driven sensibly this isn't an issue, if not then something may break prematurely!

I believe all maps assume you started at a standard tune, remember these units assume no other mods, for anything different, a personalised mapping service would be best.

Final note from reading many forums. This unit will not work if you have previously had any type of re-mapping work done, noteably a REVO trial map. The original map must be read from the cars ECU and then sent off to ChippedUK. Aftermarket maps, even ones like REVO which say they put the map back to standard afterwards don't. They have built in anti-copying systems:gun2:, therefore the ST3 can't read them, or can't write over them.

Some bods have had issues getting the ST3 unit to talk to their PC, this is a bit hit and miss. Mine refused to work on Vista x64, but worked fine on XP Pro. No rhyme or reason for this.

Last note, these are well worth the money, and offer super band to buck ratio. They are particularly good at getting power out of the lower end engines i.e. Very good additional power on 1.8T 150bhp, less good on 163bhp model as these are the same engine in different original states of tune. Same applies to diesels.

Anton, i guess it really depends on how long you are keeping your current car. If you were to purchase an ST3 now then you would have the benefit of fuel saving and power gains until you change.
You are able to purchase further maps from Chipped-uk (£100-£150 i believe) so once you have changed you can reprogram your unit and tune the new car!
Andy Mac has made some very good points here, thanks for your in put matey :o.k:

Dan, as Andy says the units are based on standard tune therefore to gain the figures you desire from your car and given your mods, a dedicated tune would probs be best?

An UPDATE with regards to group buy:

Numbers look to have reached the 10 mark with other a few others awating confirmation. ST3 units have been set aside for us at Chipped-Uk with the order looking to be placed Monday or Tuesday.
If any further people are interested i suggest you get your name down sooner rather than later.

Cheers

thanks buddy, honest reply i like that :) clearing things and options up as i go here lol thats the ST3 out of the question

cheers

I can't wait either buddy... Bring it on! :rock:

I take it Kelly said you were the nineth person then?

Just ordered mine, Kelly didn't say if I was the tenth or not.

I did mine yesterday dinner was about third i think!

well.. just ordered mine... She didn't say what number I was, but implication was that I wasn't the 10th person yet....

I think we ended up with eleven in the end, but that guy was yes, then maybe then yes then maybe!!! :keule:

I'll see if i can get us an update later on today. :thumbsup:

8 of the 11 confirmed with Chipped Uk. They only need two more to start dispatching units.
The three people left are part of the MkIV forum so i'll get onto Neil so he can 'gently' hurry them along!!

Is this a better option than getting a professional remapping company to do it for you for not much more money??

depends what you want I guess. do you just want all out power? If you get a custom map, then they'll tweak it up to the limit of your car.... This is more of an average mapping that's suitable for most cars. Plus you get two maps and can switch between those two and your original engine mapping. Really depends what you want. It's good for me because for the daily work grind or long trips I'd probably use the economy map, for fun, the fast road...

Yeah the great thing with this map is that it is interchangable. Within 5 minutes you can change between standard, economy or fast road map!
TBH the economy map should give my car an extra 28bhp and 55Nm torque which is enough considering i'll gain an extra 20% in fuel economy!!

For £299 i don't think you can be beaten!! :eyebrows:

Let me know via PM if you want to join in, you probs still have a day or so...

I suppose another benefit is that if you get your car serviced and they do something to the remap, you can just get it remapped yourself again.
My car not arriving til June bit will get involved when it arrives.

:yahoo:Chipped -uk have all payments and the ST3 units are being sent out tomorrow! :yahoo:

On a bit of a bum note they have informed me that their courier is not delivering over the easter break (fri/mon)! We will however receive the units on tuesday! :cool:

Thats a bit crap! :3sadwalk:

I know mate they don't get the units until tomorrow so can't send any earlier!
It would appear 'good friday' isn't as good as it could have been!!

3375253487.gif

damn i wish i had the money to join and get a map gona have to wait a few month theres probly gona be a round four eh ..... hope so

I'm away all weekend so tuesday is fine for me. Can't wait! :racer:

I bought 2 of these last month. One for my TT and one for my wifes Golf 140 TDI.

The TT worked fine, but I STILL have problems with the other ST3. I still have been unable to load the mod files onto the ST3 and have had various error messages. ChippedUK customer services seem to be very poor indeed. Very few emails replied to or calls returned so I hope you guys have a better experience if you have any problems.

I will advise on the outcome.....

EDIT: all sorted now with various software updates. performance outstanding.