Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

DSG / S-tronic software upgrade

I have just noticed this item in my April issue of Audi Driver which arrived today....

Regal Autosport and its German partner EDS have developed a software upgrade which changes the way the DSG gearbox operates. If you just remap the fuel and ignition curves the car will still change up at 6500rpm and you won't see the full benefit of the increased rev limit, but with Regal's remapped transmission software are now raised to 6900,7000 and 7200rpm. Priced at 450 incl VAT the new DSG transmission software upgrade takes about 30 minutes to install at Regal's Southampton tuning centre or through dealers nationwide.

For more details contact Regal Autosport on 02380 558 636 or visit their website at www.regal-auto.co.uk
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I read about something similar to this in the US while back, I was sure of it.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Yes I posted it, nice to know its in the UK now. Nice one Dave!

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You are 100% correct me old china Nate, I remember you showing that to me now, ahaaaaa bistro, I knew you had a use, lol

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

LMFAO HAHA

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Turbo is the only way....

Status
    GIAC makes a similar product and its really the last thing to do after a K04 upgrade.... Seriously thinking about it....
    A3 2.0T Sportback DSG.

Engine / Trans:
    K04, Unitronic Stg II+ & DSG Stg II, S3 Injectors and Intercooler, APR F/Pump. BSH Intake, Forge DV, Oettinger Turbo Outlet, Eurojet throttle pipe, Milltek TBE. SP Meth Injection.

Brakes and Suspension:
    Brembo 6 pot w/ 345mm slotted disks, TT front suspension, HPA Coliovers, OZ Palladio, 225/40/18 BS RE001

Others:
    S3 Front, Pedals, & Mirrors, 09 SB Skirts & LED Rear Lights, Original HID retrofit, Oettinger Roof Spoiler. Defi Turbo Guage, FBMFSW

automatic

Status
    Would there be any benefit to doing this to a diesel? Not too concerned about the performance aspect (may get it remapped, may not) but would it help driveability a bit?
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Well I'm thinking about it and I've got a diesel.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8KOW View Post
    Well I'm thinking about it and I've got a diesel.
    So how would that work ?

but with Regal's remapped transmission software are now raised to 6900,7000 and 7200rpm

2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

1st Gear

Status
    Here is GIAC
    Look how this GTI runs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6k2Um_Ybm8
    A45 AMG Performance -14

automatic

Status
    Raising the point where it changes gear wasn't what I was after with my poor 4500 rpm redline

A bit less of the village-idiot behaviour from my DSG was what I was after

Quote Originally Posted by HotboxDeluxe View Post
    Raising the point where it changes gear wasn't what I was after with my poor 4500 rpm redline

A bit less of the village-idiot behaviour from my DSG was what I was after
    In my case if my DSG gave 'village-idiot' behaviour then it would be me who was the village-idiot. Some of you may thing that anyway!!! But I always choose when to change gear as I run in manual or tiptronic mode all the time and just drive like a manual but without the clutch. Much more fun the in either of the auto modes.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    I don't know about the tiptronic because I'd never drive such tosh but the DSG box will still change gear even when in sport/manual mode. With the remap it's supposed to stay in the gear you want.

The DSG box is great 95% of the time. It's that 5% that makes me stick with manual. There is nothing quite like driving a high performance car and having to work through the gears to get the most out of it.

automatic

Status
    At low speeds I drive like there's an egg on the throttle, and it's still jerky or indecisive or both. I like the transmission, don't get me wrong, but it's idiotic and infuriating at times. Maybe I need to practice a bit more with changing gear myself! Although having said that if I wanted to change gear myself I'd have bought one with a clutch pedal, and replace an electronic idiot with an organic one at least the organic idiot knows how to do a smooth hill-start and rarely leaves himself in dangerous city-traffic situations deciding which gear to zoom off in

automatic

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dogzilla View Post
    I don't know about the tiptronic because I'd never drive such tosh but the DSG box will still change gear even when in sport/manual mode. With the remap it's supposed to stay in the gear you want.

The DSG box is great 95% of the time. It's that 5% that makes me stick with manual. There is nothing quite like driving a high performance car and having to work through the gears to get the most out of it.
    I agree with your point dog. Even though it's nippy enough I don't view it as a performance car, it's a daily driver and city commuter - I want automatic! (lazy git I know) If it was a petrol tfsi I'd enjoy wringing it out more with a manual box, but it's a tractor with a pooh redline

Like the sound of this gearbox remap

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dogzilla View Post
    With the remap it's supposed to stay in the gear you want.
    Which remap is that then mate cause I dont know any remap that makes the dsg/auto boxes stay in the gear you want so its manual, even this giac/regal dsg mod is only a high rev before change, not as you are saying or did I miss something, if I have then apologies but from what I know it just does what it says on the tin.

With ref to dsg box, have you seen that vid of a manual gti versus a dsg gti, dsg left the manual standing on the line, so yes dsg can be funny sometimes I still rate it as a remarkable engneering job, I've been manual all my life(no jokes now boys keep it clean, lol) with s3, vr6's, s4 etc & tbh this derv dsg is fantastic & tbh so much less stress while driving & pure ease, lol, call me older now being 35 but really is great to drive, now where's that stronic s3 sb gone, lol

But I'll admit I do miss my S3 still, gone but not forgotten, man that was a wicked car.

1st Gear

Status
    raeder motorsport in Germany makes an remap for DSG that makes it stay in gears in manual mode
    A45 AMG Performance -14

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Urm interesting cause I know there was talk of if & would some while back, has it got an overide or switchable option aswell cause that would be cool for sport days as such or one day want hard arse riding & other days chilled let the car do it, lol.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Which remap is that then mate cause I dont know any remap that makes the dsg/auto boxes stay in the gear you want so its manual, even this giac/regal dsg mod is only a high rev before change, not as you are saying or did I miss something, if I have then apologies but from what I know it just does what it says on the tin.

With ref to dsg box, have you seen that vid of a manual gti versus a dsg gti, dsg left the manual standing on the line, so yes dsg can be funny sometimes I still rate it as a remarkable engneering job, I've been manual all my life(no jokes now boys keep it clean, lol) with s3, vr6's, s4 etc & tbh this derv dsg is fantastic & tbh so much less stress while driving & pure ease, lol, call me older now being 35 but really is great to drive, now where's that stronic s3 sb gone, lol

But I'll admit I do miss my S3 still, gone but not forgotten, man that was a wicked car.
    They remap the DSG software. There is a company in the US that does it.

You are right DSG is a fantastic gearbox 95% of the time, around town and stuff it's a godsend. I just missed having the involvement myself but it's really only worth going manual if you have a decent engine and gearbox.... even the S3 is probably better to go DSG because it's not the best gearbox by far.