Launch Control S3?

330_2_S3

Reaction score
Picked up the S3 a couple of weeks ago now...thanks all for the help on what to point out and stuff on buying one...

Just wondering, mine is a manual 07 plate...I am guessing only the DSG gear boxes have the launch control?

I did a search couldn't find a specific thread about the S3 launch control...?

Anyone any answers?

Oh well, a friend of mine said that the manual porsche turbo's (997's) they have launch control so thought being a new car and all it MAY have it...oh well :(

Well you have quattro, and if you don't have any mechanical sympathy, then yeah, you have launch control, haha. Just load up the revs to about 4000 and let rip! :jump:

You could argue that the facelift S3 has some kind of launch control... as you can floor the accelarator and it wont rev past 4000rpm... dont know if the pre-face lift did this....

Not really sure what the point of this would be tho.....

I have never tried to floor the car whilst sitting at a stand still, will see if it goes past 4000 rpm but if i can remember rightly i think it still does?

And yeah it is pretty hard to hold the revs at 4000 rpm though ain't it! lol

The launch control is a bit naff in all of the DSG boxes I've tested.

You wack it into sport and disable the ESP. Then just hold your foot on the brake and put the pedal to the floor. It will hold the RPM at a specific point and then you let go of the brake... at which point it hangs for what seems like an age before propelling you into the next post code.

Naff that... it's only good for timed runs. If you want a good launch learn how to use the clutch properly or if you are in an auto just hammer it. I mean what knob pulls up to the lights and then goes through this 5 point process just to get off to a good start? Losers.

the new s3's have a rev limiter at 4000 only if ESP or ASR is still engaged

press it, blip it, drop it! technologic!

ah the sweet sound you guys must hear when that engine reves up ..... cant wait to get my 2.0TFSI :D join the club

ah the sweet sound you guys must hear when that engine reves up ..... cant wait to get my 2.0TFSI :D join the club

lol? Anyone that thinks the 2.0T lump sounds sweet is deaf, dumb or a combination of both.

I've got an S3 on order so don't think I'm mindlessly bashing... it's just a fact that it sounds like crap... goes like stink though so it isn't all bad :)

true...it sounds like a diesel when you start it; but actually when i'm flying past parked cards with the windows down and accelerating hard; i think it sounds quite naughty. Still miss my V6 thought...

doesn't sound too bad at full chat if you are behind it but it's more of a nondescript loud engine sound than the sweet sweet sound of a v :)

if your not behind it then you get that funny whooshing sound that you hear from inside as if it's about to take off :)

yeah compared to any 6 cylinder engine the S3 sounds crap...

only the sound of the turbo sounds decent.....

It does have a very raspy sound though...and does the manual even have a sports button besides putting off the ESP? I think not....

It will hold the RPM at a specific point and then you let go of the brake... at which point it hangs for what seems like an age before propelling you into the next post

:thumbsup: :undwech: