UK A3 with German style pressed plates,

Status
Not open for further replies.
So fitting, especially when he said this before in the thread: I'm a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme co-ordinator

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

**** this is like old times,,, do not have an opinion , do not have an opinion ,, i repeat do not have an opinion ,,, or be slaughtered lol

everyone can have an opinion - an opinion is not right or wrong ,it is an opinion mate!!! why do people take opinions soooo badly that the rest of the thread then is to bully the **** out of somebody its ****** painfull,,, if someone said to me your car is **** fair enough if someone said to me your alloys are **** so be it thats there opinion what this site is about opinions ,,, not to bully the **** out of people ... thats just ugly............

Yeah Leave Dave alone, he's a legend and ought to be given respect!!

This is a forum not school !

I think if you ever went over 80 mph on a road in UK, you should not tell others they are "criminals" !!!

... and all this just for having a different plate ? !!! its not like he was talking bout spraying reflective coating so cameras don't see the digits !

Someone having an argument about German plates?,....surely not.

If people want to run them then fair enough but expect to get a ticket (£30 non endorsable) if you get caught. Chances are you'll get offered the chance to put it right with no ticket (the way I deal with it). If I was to stop you again and I'd already given you reasonable warning to change them then I'd be thinking more strongly about giving a ticket for it.

I think people only become a bit silly when they moan about being caught to be honest!.

ANPR cant read them so if your cars nicked it wont be triggering the cameras as it travels through the ANPR/drives past an ANPR equipped car etc.

Hey - I havent read all the posts but I got my pressed plates from - http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ - I actually ordered mine at Ant Grapics in Bedford.

The plates are LEGAL........as per the text.

They look good as pressed plates but not as stylish as the German ones.

Might be an idea. I like them better then the standard plastics.

Bhav

Hey - I havent read all the posts but I got my pressed plates from - http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ - I actually ordered mine at Ant Grapics in Bedford.

The plates are LEGAL........as per the text.

They look good as pressed plates but not as stylish as the German ones.

Might be an idea. I like them better then the standard plastics.

Bhav

Sorry to have caused all this *****, but have you got a pic with them on? I don't want to go German really, as I can't be bothered to change them over when an mot is due or the police pull me over ( far to old for that!)

So fitting, especially when he said this before in the thread: I'm a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme co-ordinator

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

So when you loose the arguement you revert to personal attacks. I don't suppose for one minute you have any idea what the role of a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme Co-ordinator is anyway.

If you want to drive around with illegal number plates that's up to you. Just accept that they are illegal and you risk a fine and your car will fail any MOT. And, as from !st September 2008, if any company sells you a set of illegal number plates they risk a fine of £2500 per set of plates and removal from the list of approved number plate suppliers. The old defence that they are 'show plates' no longer works. They are no longer allowed to sell illegal number plates full stop.

Pressed plates can still be legal providing they use the correct typeface and correct spacing and comply with BSAU145d.

Does that stand for Microsoft Internet Explorer? OMG I'm such a nerd :(

Hahaha it doesn't stand for anything. The M indicates it's still registered in Munich, it'll be HD something something something when I get round to re-registering it at my home address

Yes but real German plates not silly imitations!!

I wonder how long you would get away with driving a German car, registered in German on UK style plates. Mind you I'm not sure any German driver would be stupid enough to even try it.

I don't know if any German driver would feel the need to be honest, UK plates are almost as ugly as dutch plates (I like the black and silver ones, but I only ever had one car old enough to legally put them on, a knackered old 1972 BMW, least it looked cool on the driveway ha). Over here you can only get number plates from Government-approved outlets, i've seen some yank cars with tiny little plates on, but they must be legal because of where they come from)

Yeah Leave Dave alone, he's a legend and ought to be given respect!!

:iagree:

Dave, I never knew it was an arguement in the first place so clearly you are trying to cause one then seem as though you bring the word up???

If you read the very 1st post in this thread the member asks this: Show us your pics! I'd love to see what they look like with pressed plates on, so I know wether or not to put them on mine.

I did this to help the guy out, and then you pops along with your legal jargon (AGAIN - yawn) trying to stir somthing up, well played. All you seem to have done in this thread is try to be big and clever and you havent really helped marmite on toast, which is what I was doing. If you call being called a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme co-ordinator a personal attack, then you live a VERY sheltered lifestyle.

I think the best German plate I've seen was near Stuttgart. The plate was S:EX69 and it was on a Porsche 911.

I understand it's also possible to get a form of personal plate in German. A chap I have known for many years lives in Zeltingen in the Mosel. His local designation is WIL for Whitlich as his name is Kurt Ames. His number plate is WIL:KA123 and it is a true personal plate because it refers to him and not his car and when he changes his car the plate goes on the new car. In Germany number plates stay with the person and not the car. The only time a person needs to get a new number is if the move house to a different area as the digits before the two discs refer to the place where they live. M for Munich, S for Stuttgart, F for Frankfurt, B for Berlin etc.

Dave, I never knew it was an arguement in the first place so clearly you are trying to cause one then seem as though you bring the word up???

If you read the very 1st post in this thread the member asks this: Show us your pics! I'd love to see what they look like with pressed plates on, so I know wether or not to put them on mine.

I did this to help the guy out, and then you pops along with your legal jargon (AGAIN - yawn) trying to stir something up, well played. All you seem to have done in this thread is try to be big and clever and you havent really helped marmite on toast, which is what I was doing. If you call being called a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme co-ordinator a personal attack, then you live a VERY sheltered lifestyle.

How about being referred to by you as an Internet troll!!

I just like to point out the legal aspect of some of the items in some posts in the hope than it will help a member from being stopped and possible fined or having the personal plate taken away. In the case of this thread some members may not be aware of the legal issues relating to number plates in the UK.

If that's unacceptable then it's a very strange forum.

With your particular plate it would be illegal, as of 1st September 2008, for anyone to supply you with a plate with that spacing.

As I said in a previous post, pressed plates are legal, providing they use the correct typeface, are correctly spaced and comply with BSAU145d.

. I don't suppose for one minute you have any idea what the role of a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme Co-ordinator is anyway.

You need to get round my estate, I had all my solar lights stolen last night! And they left the solar panel so they are no use to the thieving gits! :gun2:

You need to get round my estate, I had all my solar lights stolen last night! And they left the solar panel so they are no use to the thieving gits! :gun2:

Just out of interest the role of a NE Scheme Coordinator is not some kind of extra police or vigilante patrol. It is a purely admin role. I take information given to me by the police about crimes in our area and pass these on to other members of the scheme in case they have seen or heard anything. I also have direct access to the Neighbourhood Policing Team by mobile phone to pass on anything suspicious seen by a member of the scheme.

It works as a two way thing and the police keep me informed of any special crackdowns they are holding in our area and I can inform the other members.

In my case it is for a small close of 20 properties. Some of the residents are elderly (even older than me!) and my wife and myself keep an eye out for these residents and also help with little jobs and errands. I also keep a small database of contact details for each property should there be any serious problems with a resident or their property. This is especially useful if there is a problem with a property when the resident is away for some reason.

I think the best German plate I've seen was near Stuttgart. The plate was S:EX69 and it was on a Porsche 911.

I understand it's also possible to get a form of personal plate in German.

I've seen a couple of funny ones (funny in English anyway) : WO-RM ***, FÜ-CK ***, and CO-CK *** all exist :yes:. After your area registration (mine is "M" for München, it will be changed soon to HD for Heidelberg) there are 1-3 letters and 2-4 numbers that you can specify, or attempt to specify :think:

Don't think it costs much either :o.k:

I've seen a couple of funny ones (funny in English anyway) : WO-RM ***, FÜ-CK ***, and CO-CK *** all exist :yes:. After your area registration (mine is "M" for München, it will be changed soon to HD for Heidelberg) there are 1-3 letters and 2-4 numbers that you can specify, or attempt to specify :think:

Don't think it costs much either :o.k:

I'm sure you could have fun with the plates for another town on the Mosel - Cochem - their plates start with COC:

There's very little fun to be had with "HD" as a prefix though, poo :shrug: Private numbers aren't really my thing but I will probably get my initials if nothing wittier springs to mind

Theres a lady who drives a massive merc witht the registration LAV15H
hehe

I did this to help the guy out, and then you pops along with your legal jargon (AGAIN - yawn) trying to stir somthing up, well played. All you seem to have done in this thread is try to be big and clever and you havent really helped marmite on toast, which is what I was doing. If you call being called a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme co-ordinator a personal attack, then you live a VERY sheltered lifestyle.

TBH, I know the legality of these plates and yes you did help me, I'd rather (now I have seen what they look like) that a mod deletes this thread as I can't belive how some people behave.

***, they are only number plates and if the owner wants to get a fine/ telling off then I'm sure they know what they are letting themselfs in for! I run UK pressed plates on my Karmann Gipsy (VW camper) and they look and suit the motor, I'd never put plastic ones on, coz they dunna look right.

All I want to do is find out what they would look like on my new car.

Cheers and sorry for causing all this childish playground behaviour :sos:

Love and peace, love and peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.