Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lee_R

Thread: How do you change Audi A3 Air vents

"Started From The Bottom"

Status

How do you change Audi A3 Air vents

I've Just Bought these vents the other day. But I don't have a clue of how to change them can any help?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    No idea but like the silver ones! Prefer the new TT ones to all of them to be honest but they are 80 each from Audi!!!
    BENJAMIN likes this.
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    You have to turn them to half closed so as to not break the mechanisms for the vents open/close etc, then you can wiggle them out side to side, then eventually they just pull out gently as there is foam all arund that sometimes can come loose.

You can lever something flat like a kitchen knife to get the initial gap to be able to wiggle loose.

Did you want the TT ones then Lee?

I have the TT ones in my car as does a mate, much better than S3 ones.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    You have to turn them to half closed so as to not break the mechanisms for the vents open/close etc, then you can wiggle them out side to side, then eventually they just pull out gently as there is foam all arund that sometimes can come loose.

You can lever something flat like a kitchen knife to get the initial gap to be able to wiggle loose.

You dotn have any pics of these do you mate? I'm thinking the TT ones might look good!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...ighlight=vents

Yes they do look better, I had S3 ones & they are nice but after a while they really got in my face as such so saw TT ones & thought there toned down a tad & look better aswell.

6th Gear

Status
    are the new TT ones the same as the old ones, I couldnt see any difference unless is one is chrome and other is brushed?
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Yes they do look better, I had S3 ones & they are nice but after a while they really got in my face as such so saw TT ones & thought there toned down a tad & look better aswell.

Very nice, thanks.

If anyone has any for sale (TT or S3) let me know!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    mk1 & mk2 vents are different in finish & shape, they're more slick on mk2 & matt effect, where as the mk1 was in your face shiny & didnt like the dial around edge, looked a bit tacky, like those stick on ones you see on ebay, lol.

But the mk2's I have are certainly very pleasing on the eye, blend in the dash very well & finish it of nicely.

Old ones:

6th Gear

Status
    Ah, see the difference now lol
    2003-2008 1998 Red A3 8L 1.8 Sport
    2008 -> 2003 Akoya Silver A3 8P1 2.0 FSi Sport

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    like your style nhn them tt vents you got are v nice much nicer than the old tt vents or the s3 vents which are the worst i think they look tacky ....

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    sent you a pm i was gonna get them but cant afford 80 buff at the mo check em out

Quote Originally Posted by MF-Racing View Post
    Very nice, thanks.

If anyone has any for sale (TT or S3) let me know!

6th Gear

Status

Yeah sure did but cant justify that cost on some chrome bits!
    B6 1.8T Avant s line gmbh

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    sent you a pm i was gonna get them but cant afford 80 buff at the mo check em out

Big respect to 10blazin, hr sent me a link for some Mk 2 TT vents on eBay and I managed to get all 4 delivered for 70!

Thank you very much!!

:D :D :D :D

Build Thread Here!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    thats very cheap so good spot.

MF, go further up the thread, has info as you asked on PM mate.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi, sorry for digging up an old post but this is as close as I could find via the search - I'm after a bit of info as to how to remove the (centre) air vent on my a3 (8P) - I read above that they "wiggle" out once set to half open? Is that really as simple as it gets?
    I've read about using coat hangers and the like to unclip the further into the dashboard but I think that's for the 8L?

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Jules

"Started From The Bottom"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipswich Jules View Post
    Hi, sorry for digging up an old post but this is as close as I could find via the search - I'm after a bit of info as to how to remove the (centre) air vent on my a3 (8P) - I read above that they "wiggle" out once set to half open? Is that really as simple as it gets?
    I've read about using coat hangers and the like to unclip the further into the dashboard but I think that's for the 8L?

Any help gratefully received

Cheers

Jules
    Just Grab the Air vent with your nails or fingers and the "wiggle" each corner out ......that's how I did it...

5th Gear

Status
    Paulie gave me an excellent tip, Use an old bank card/id card any damn card LOL basically turn the vent from open to in the middle of open and close so around 1oclock.

Get a credit card put it between the vent and the dash then pry it forward slightly, Do this working your way around, Once its out enough you can just pull them out. Very easy to do
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status