AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: chrome grill

  1. #1
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272

    chrome grill

    hi guys ive checked loads of threads for this picture but i remember a guy with a blacked out optics grill and he put chrome strips goin vertical down the grill ....i dont think it was a thread just a pic does anyone know what thread this is on or have a pic of the grill saved to there computer id appreciate the pic or if anyone knows what thread it was on please

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    hi guys ive checked loads of threads for this picture but i remember a guy with a blacked out optics grill and he put chrome strips goin vertical down the grill ....i dont think it was a thread just a pic does anyone know what thread this is on or have a pic of the grill saved to there computer id appreciate the pic or if anyone knows what thread it was on please

    here you go mate
    Some Pics

    oh when did you put the new alloys on?
    do they look as if they sitting little high compared to your old alloys or is it just me?

  4. #3
    I'mRonBurgundy?'s Avatar
    Lets make that kitten purr...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    543
    That's my car!

    Not an Optics grille though - just the standard s-line one.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

  5. #4
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    That's my car!

    Not an Optics grille though - just the standard s-line one.
    oh ye it is, has the strips come off,ie, by washing etc.. or are they still on as new?

  6. #5
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    cheers mate was looking for this im thinking about doing it .... you see but misses likes the way it is just wanted to show to see what shes thinks .......... looks good ron

  7. #6
    I'mRonBurgundy?'s Avatar
    Lets make that kitten purr...

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    543
    Cheers 10Blazin.

    khalil - Still looks as good as new mate. Wash the car at least every other week and everything's still stuck fast.
    2008 A3 1.8T FSI S-line Phantom Black, Bose, iPod Dock, Front Centre Armrest, Storage Pack, Aluminium Pedals, H&R Spacers, Eibach Pro's, Ambient Lighting, Pressed plates with Ingolstadt surrounds.

  8. #7
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    i put them on last week mate and there 19s new style rs4 reps there much curver than the old rep or original a3 rs4 wheels and have a nice chrome style finish they look ok on pics but are nice to see with the eye my last were 18s rs6s thats why the car may look a little high but dont worry im getting it lowered in 2 weeks h&rs should be much better then il post pics when done .....







    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    here you go mate

    Some Pics

    oh when did you put the new alloys on?
    do they look as if they sitting little high compared to your old alloys or is it just me?
    Last edited by 10blazin; 30th March 2009 at 22:58.

  9. #8
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    oh these do look a lot nicer,what tyres you running 235/35/19???and what springs you going for, the 50mm ones?

  10. #9
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by I'mRonBurgundy? View Post
    Cheers 10Blazin.

    khalil - Still looks as good as new mate. Wash the car at least every other week and everything's still stuck fast.
    i think i need to get the ones you got, i got mine from halfords, and few of the strips just flew a mile when i jet washed the car lol

  11. #10
    ~RS~'s Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,463
    Looks nice, I had not seen any close up of these yet... will look very good when lowered.

    I was thinking about adding that striping to an S-line grill, yours came out very nice btw ron. If the grill I'm trying to put together does not look any good I will definitely be giving this a go. Had seen an ad on eBay for something similar but was also concerend about washing etc... good to hear no there's issues!

  12. #11
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    225\35\19 tires there slightly thinner than 235s and im getting h&r springs 35 mm drop on mine i think there on savs orange s3 on this forum i was gona go for eibachs but wouldnt go as low as i wanted cos mines qauttro so it should hope fully end up like savs then im throwing on some osir skirts my car should end up like this not as low but you get the idea i love it looks **** hot ......







    Quote Originally Posted by khalil View Post
    oh these do look a lot nicer,what tyres you running 235/35/19???and what springs you going for, the 50mm ones?

  13. #12
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    i think the 35mm spring will drop your car by 15mm, because the sline in lower by 20mm than the standard, when companys qoute the spring drop they mean from the basis model, so if u had a basis a3 those springs would drop it by 35mm

  14. #13
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    there 50 mm h&r then im seeing damien from dpm im sure he said the kit drops the s3 by 25 mm sline by 35 mm so yeah probly are the 50 mm from standard ... cant wait will look much better than it is now id love coild idealy but they will have to wait till i get a job lol.....

  15. #14
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    there 50 mm h&r then im seeing damien from dpm im sure he said the kit drops the s3 by 25 mm sline by 35 mm so yeah probly are the 50 mm from standard ... cant wait will look much better than it is now id love coild idealy but they will have to wait till i get a job lol.....
    lol same with me, at the moment the mods are eating my saving, got to stop lol, have a look at MIKEYS cars he had the h&r 50mm before he got the coliys

  16. #15
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    england
    Posts
    754
    oh sorry u buying the 50mm or the 35mm ones?i thought u said u buying the 35mm ones, my mistake, with 50mm ones than u should see a better drop, get some before and after photos on when u get them

  17. #16
    10blazin's Avatar
    HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    gorton
    Posts
    3,272
    i think i did lol but dpm said it should drop my car 35mm i will post pics when done pal

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO