MY10 S3 heading Down Under!

liam

waiting, waiting, waiting
Reaction score
Website
www.ausmotive.com
I finalised the order on my S3 today. :yahoo:

Looking at a late April build, for a late June, early July delivery (with any luck).

Ibis White
RNS-E
Sunroof
FBMFSW
Heated Seats
Blackout grille

:racer:

EDIT: I pushed my original build date (week 19) back (to week 23) to get an MY10 build, which includes AMI with the factory Nav.

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations :thumbsup:
went for ibis?
now we'll see who gets it first :eyebrows:

well... i hope so :happy:
how much is rns-e option? here it's 3500€ which i think it's too much, it will be cheaper to retrofit it, or get an aftermaket 2din headunit.

Yeah, same. It's AU$5307 here (€2800 on current exchange rates - a bit cheaper which is a surprise!) ... I did toy with the idea of retro fitting like a lot of the UK guys do, but given our market is so small I figured there was no local knowledge to draw upon and I would also have expensive shipping and taxes to pay. In the end I decided dealer warranty was worth the money.

Plus my local dealer is giving me a good deal on the car, which helped to soften the blow. :w00t:

You're kidding, with all the info on here, audiforum.us & even with import/delivery charges it would no doubt be about 1.5-2k euros cheaper for you mate given prices quoted, even with antenna system swap it still saves you a packet, I would of gone retro tbh as its a rip of from stock.

I would of even found one for you & sent it over for you with cables etc for peace of mind, you pay of course :)

Yeah, you're probably right, but there'd be nothing worse than going through all that effort and then finding there was some fk up with the local maps, for example. If there was a large pool of people here that had already gone through the process I'd be more willing. As it is there's probably no more than 10% of S3s with factory nav.

I dont get you, feck up with the local maps, whats that got to do with the install.

Not much, but has a bit to do with the operation after the install, haha. :idea:

The short answer was I didn't want to be a local guinea pig and end up looking like a chump if it didn't work out.

Course it would work, I mean its same as what you get from audi mate, as for maps, well get unit for retro & maps from audi or torrent lol, still cant see why you didnt opt for this route, I mean imagine the potential of tuning with the extra 1-2k, yeah baby bring that tuning on

Reactions: Sevv
As I said mate, you're choice but I would have had alot of fun with mods for the extra saved dough, anyway you'll like the unit even if the maps are *****, lol

Cheers :beerchug:

Question, did you order the small sunroof or panoramic mate, cause given the heat you get there just was curious how well the glass was protected with heat reflection for panoraimc roofs cause might end up becoming a greenhouse effect huh, when I lived in south africa for a year which same kinda climate it got fairly warm, but those large roofs wernt about then, call it curiosity, I'm moving to italy at some stage & plans to have the S3 SB with pan roof & it gets very warm there to in summer.

Edit: I made an assumption it was a sportback so sorry if it isnt, just I always see S3 ibis whites in SB these days, lol, well on here anyway.

I'm getting the 3dr, so it's the comparatively small sunroof. :icon_thumright:

I'm a bit old skool, so, to me, cars like the GTI and S3 should only be sold in 3dr form, haha.

As I said mate, you're choice but I would have had alot of fun with mods for the extra saved dough, anyway you'll like the unit even if the maps are *****, lol

Cheers :beerchug:

I know where you're coming from, but as I said, my dealer is looking after me, so the price was right.

Although, we're about to extend our house, so that will eat into the modding budget for the next 9-12 months anyway.

:(

with saved money you could get the milltek tbe for an example :eyebrows:
i know i will :yes:

Exactly, if you work it out its kinda free if you were going to audi for rns, lol.

with saved money you could get the milltek tbe for an example :eyebrows:
i know i will :yes:

See, this is the thing you guys might be missing. When I bought the Milltek for my MINI, I paid more for shipping to Australia than I did for the actual exhaust. So, sadly, modding Euro cars down under is a lot more expensive than it is for you guys who can buy a Milltek etc supplied in your home town.

:shrug:

And, if you're going to take that approach, I am getting the car for a very good price, so you could say I'm paying less than retail for an S3 with no options but still getting the RNS-E for nothing.

:yahoo:

Solution, move back to britain :undwech:

What's this "back to" bit, haha.

Although I did live in London in 1996 and there was an opening late last year to move to London for a three-year stint, but that door closed just as my wife an I were getting interested.

:wacko:

What's this "back to" bit, haha.

lmao, got that then, ahhh inside every australian there's a british person trying to get out, lol, just kidding.

My cousins there at moment enjoying his younger years, I need to get my **** back down to southern hem as loved it in South Africa, northern hem's becoming to crowded man & miserable feckers aswell.

lol, least u've got sense of humour, some right miserable fecks up here that just dont know how to laugh.

Got nothing to do with age mate cause my neighbour is such a miserable old *******, why oh why am I still here, I think I need to make some changes in my life today.

Haha, I'm only 36, so I'm not that old, but as far as being a grumpy ******* goes, I'm too old for that. Although, some mornings, my wife might disagree with my self-assessment.

:haha:

lol, mate just turned 35 & I'm far from grumpy, have some days where I wake up ****** of but thats few & far between tbh, but within 2 cups of tea I'm back up to mr joker, lol, but my neighbour is mrs mangle man, nosey, miserable old CXXT

Better get back on topic... :hi:

A couple of pics I found to help get through the waiting. :jump:

MY09-Ibis-White-S3-01.jpg

MY09-Ibis-White-S3-02.jpg

Nowhere, no harm in shooting the breeze about something is there, if you have anything to add to the thread just add it.

that's not helping:drool:
couldn't find any ibis facelift s3 pics 2 door, thanks man. i didn't go for a black optics and maybe, i should have.
just kidding NHN:beerchug:

:moa: mine is here :p
will be picking it up next week from local audi :superman:

Show off indeed, ha ha. My dealer is doing my head in as he's not telling me anything!!! Where abouts are you from S.? Did your car arrive in the last few days?

ha ha right :beerchug:. i'm in Croatia, hope that helps.yes, it has arrived couple of days ago. your dealer needs a good :asskicking:

It'll come soon enough Lima, trust me.

I finally gave in & phoned my dealer yesterday only to find out that my car arrived on Thursday afternoon!!!!!!! Where is the customer service????