please help .best place to buy adapter for quadlock

scottie123

(●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#
Reaction score
quadlock lead please help

okay guys

i need to sort a lead to convert a quadlock stereo to the older style plugs.

I understand that this one will do the job from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RNS-E-adapter-...1%7C240%3A1318

will this lead nead modifying in anyway or will it work as is.

However, as i was hoping to fit the double din etc tomorrow, i have tried to source something from local ice shops.

The first shop said it is impossible to do because quadlock is canbus and so the stereo wont be able to power on etc blah .

Second ice shop said yes it is possible but they will have to do some wiring as they will have to find a wire of some sort (cant remeber what he called it) and it would involve having to go behind dash so may need to remove a few interior parts. ?! wants to charge £70

can someone please tell what is right so i get the right thing to do the job :sly:
progress.gif

progress.gif

I have a 2003 A3 and that look like the adaptor I bought for my satnav. As you say, this brings the wiring up to the current loom connectors used in the A3/S3.

Just to clarify - you have the older ISO connectors and have a newer double din stereo with the quadlock that you want to fit after you fit the new cage?

If you have the quadlock connector fitted to your car and want an aftermarket stereo, that adaptor wont work

yup that is right khufu

i am fitting a new style stereo with quadlock to the older iso connectors.

I have a 2003 A3 and that look like the adaptor I bought for my satnav. As you say, this brings the wiring up to the current loom connectors used in the A3/S3.

Just to clarify - you have the older ISO connectors and have a newer double din stereo with the quadlock that you want to fit after you fit the new cage?

If you have the quadlock connector fitted to your car and want an aftermarket stereo, that adaptor wont work

if your fitting the cage yourself, make sure you go prepared - mentally!!! the cage is a tight fit and you WILL sweat!

yup i have the cage and bits sitting here ready to start on in the morning.

swear? i am the frikin master at it!!

And i know what will happen to......the missus is 2 days overdue with a little un so you know that as soon as i get dash/glove box of etc, she will go into labour!!!

then i will swear.........:blow:

I have this connector going spare if needed. You can have it for a few beer tokens. PM me with contact details, if your nearby

yup i have the cage and bits sitting here ready to start on in the morning.

swear? i am the frikin master at it!!

And i know what will happen to......the missus is 2 days overdue with a little un so you know that as soon as i get dash/glove box of etc, she will go into labour!!!

then i will swear.........:blow:

god your a brave man, mind you you will have sod all chance after it born - congrats in advance!

if only you were a few minutes earlier... i have just ordered one!!!

Thank you anyway for your kind offer...:icon_thumright:

I have this connector going spare if needed. You can have it for a few beer tokens. PM me with contact details, if your nearby