HID's In a non HID 2008 A3

motojoe

Reaction score
Before I start I did a serious search and came up with a zillion different non definite answers

I just picked up a 08 a3 s line. No HID's no sun roof. No auto wipers etc. I want to install a hid kit but I have read about the wiper motor issue. From what I see the guys who install the HIS's with a package similar to mine seem ok. The guys with the convience package have the problem. Also the people with the digital ballast seem to be ok too. I really dont want a problem so PLEASE let me know how I can run a HID kit safe. Thanks.

i think the only real answer to be sure of not having a problem is to retro fit the genuine parts

however, i aint a yoda on this!:tapedshut:

I had a ebay special retro kit on my MK4 Ibiza and thought that was a vast improvement over the halogen, now im seeing more people with these kits im starting to realise how i used to blind & **** people off. Compared to a good OEM halogen set up the ebay kits arnt worth it, if you want HID's tick the box on the options list or use the proper parts to fit it.

I have had a bunch of after market HID kits in my old cars over the years, but I keep reading about people burning out the washer motor for whatever reason. I Have no problem installing a kit but I understand the a3 does not accept the HID's well. IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE WITH THIS KIT? Thanks guys