Thank God for VAGCOM !!!

kaz219

Reaction score
Went to buy a Golf for a mate and i took my vagcom with me.

Plugged it in and this came up:

Centr. Locks
5 Faults Found:
01366 - Opened Due to Crash Signal
35-00 - -
01374 - Alarm triggered by Terminal 15
35-00 - -
01370 - Alarm triggered by Interior Monitoring
35-00 - -
01616 - Signal Wire to Interior Monitor
36-10 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
00955 - Key 1
09-10 - Adaptation Limit Surpassed - Intermittent

And on closer inspection - the car had been in a heavy rear end smash and the bumper reinforcer was missing...

The paint job was pretty spot on but if you looked carefully, you could tell the back quaters, bumpers, tailgate and stuff had been sprayed...

Lucky escape there i think! The seller then admitted that it had been in a bump but professionally repaired... hmmmmm

obviously, i gave him the lecture off kids were in the back and someone rear ended it, they'd have no chance etc. and he said he will get one put on (which i hope he does).

Amazing what people do to save a few bob on repairs...

How was it asking the owner to plug your laptop into his car ?

I told him i want to check the electrics and do a full diagnostic check and he said thats fine - i actually told him on the phone before we went over that we will andhe was ok with it...

But the repair was sooo good - just a reinforcer had let it down or i would have never have noticed it externally. i dont think anyone would have..

Khufu - spot on there! God knows what dangerous/poorly repaired vehicles are on todays roads! Double, triple and quadruple check andif your not sure, get RAC or AA to do it!

But vagcoms a life saver! awesome bit of kit!