Bonnt Re-Spray

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
Last night some dirty toe rag keyed the bonnet of my car. I am absolutely seething. I have absolutely no idea who could have done this and why. The police told me that 4 other cars where done in the same street last night. I am fortunate in that only my bonnet was keyed.

A respray is required. This morning I went to the dealers and they booked my car in for Monday. My question is this: will the bonnet of my car be restored to it's former glory? If they do a good job will anybody ever be able to tell if it has been resprayed? What about blending the paint? Has anybody ever experienced anything like this before?

I am trying to be positive. The bonnet had a lot of stone chips in it anyway so maybe this respray will be a good thing???

Firstly,may i just say f######g scumbags! They did my g/f's car last week - four panels,and it's only a Micra,so she's not bothered...i'd be suicidal!

Anyway,back to your question... seeing as your car isn't that old,your paint shouldn't have faded at all,so colour matching shouldn't be a prob - they use factory coded paint,they just look up the correct code from you VIN,so you should be ok,it's all down to the quality of work their bodyshop does,but you should be ok.

I had my 3 yr old canary yellow done by an audi bodyshop,it came back perfect!

have you got a qoute from a local bodyshop? might be much cheaper, i had mine done last year and it came back perfect, but when you get it resparyed you got to be carefull of ORANGE PEEL, as it can show more on the bonnet, mine had lots but after around 6 weeks until the paint had fully harden they wet sanded it and it came out as a mirror finish

Sorry to hear...

It makes me sick to hear stuff like this - Hope they get whats coming to them.

I'd go to Audi mate - your car has the lifetime paint warranty on it and if you go anywhere else, this may void it if you have a paint defect in a few years...

i recently had a paint job on my car, my car is a 2003 modal and the paint match was spot on, all i can say is clean your car before and give it a good going over and ask to fill out the damage check list at the dealership so if it comes back with other stuff on it you can say that it was not there before, the paint job i had was shockin i complained and it is going back in for a respray, the will spray your bonnet wing and possibly the bumper for blending. the main thing i would say would be, if you get the dealership to fill out and damages that are on the car already so when it comes back with a bad paint job or something, you will be able to say that it was their fault as it was not down on the paper. when i complained the boss tried telling me that the door (the door had been sprayed for blending and there were bubbles everywhere) hadnt been painted and i didnt give in, i asked him to speak to the person who painted it and luckily he said that he did have to go over the door!

life time warrenty kaz so iff i get my car keyed audi will repare it for nothing

Sorry to hear...

It makes me sick to hear stuff like this - Hope they get whats coming to them.

I'd go to Audi mate - your car has the lifetime paint warranty on it and if you go anywhere else, this may void it if you have a paint defect in a few years...

The local Audi dealership is doing the respray. Interesting point though. I must remeber to tell them to do the front wings as well to make sure it all blends in. This is being done through the insurance company. Think I will have any probs telling them to do the front wings as well? Should be ok eh?

have you got a qoute from a local bodyshop? might be much cheaper, i had mine done last year and it came back perfect, but when you get it resparyed you got to be carefull of ORANGE PEEL, as it can show more on the bonnet, mine had lots but after around 6 weeks until the paint had fully harden they wet sanded it and it came out as a mirror finish

What the hell is orange peel mate?

It depends mate - as your car is knew, i doubt they will have to blend it in...

I had my bumper done, no blending, looks spot on :D

how old is ur car, i think if its like 3 or 4 years old you will be fine! but if it does come back and there is a colour difference then complain to ur insurance company and audi and they will rectify it!

What the hell is orange peel mate?

thats what i asked when i first heard of it, its like i bumpy finish to the paint, you can see it on alot of cars if you look carefully on the side panels, to get a glass finish on it u have to sand it and machine polish it,
hope it make sense lol

Glasgow Ranager, sorry to hear about the bonnet, does take the ****! The respray be a good thing if its had stone chips. Audi going to be doing a spray on my car soon and i believe they will do a good job if not they will do it again till its done. So dont worry im sure they will make sure if perfect for you.

Some f*cking scum broke into my friends garage two weeks ago, Stole my S3 front bumper, two S3 grills. Stole friends system from his car which was locked up in the car in the garage, took the alloys off his car and left it on bricks. I managed to get system s3 grills. But bumper and alloys were gone. Also they keyed his car aswell which he has to pay to get it fixed.

Hope the car gets sorted soon and every thing fine

Ashley

Glasgow Ranager, sorry to hear about the bonnet, does take the ****! The respray be a good thing if its had stone chips. Audi going to be doing a spray on my car soon and i believe they will do a good job if not they will do it again till its done. So dont worry im sure they will make sure if perfect for you.

Ashley

How much is it costing you to have it done by audi?