how much longer ?

montymole

Reaction score
Just need a bit of advice....as all this waiting is killing me......aaaaarrrrgggg!

My s3 has been built and awaiting shipment to wolverhampton Audi, the sales guy says it should be here by the end of the month....

The sales Lady says it will be her for april the 7th..... not sure why she has a different date....?

Can you guy's shed any light on the likely time scales now ?

surely a car on a boat only takes a 48 hours....are there more than one boat, does the boat only set sale when the are 300 other cars on ????

any help much appreciated !:sos:

It's normally around two weeks from production to arriving at the dealer. The car has to be loaded on a train and this usually takes place at the end of the day it was produced or early the following day. The train takes it to Bremerhaven in Northern Germany. From there it's loaded on the ship for transport to the UK. For the Midlands it will be landed at the port of Immingham north of Grimsby. Not sure how frequent these ships sale but no doubt at least once a week. From the UK port it will be delivered by road transporter to the dealer, who will remove all the protection coating an foam added fort the journey and carry out the PDI.

Don't worry i will not be long now.

My new Sportback is due to be builkt in week 16 which is the week begining Easter Mondy and I should have it by the end of April.

I was in the same boat a few weeks back and could not find the info.

I therefore posted it up here from ordering to collection :- http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=705135#post705135 - pics included here

From link above:

Date ordered:- 6th December 2008
Production start date:- 12th February 2009
Production complete and left the factory awaiting shipment 23rd February 2009
Arrived in UK:- 9th March 2009
To arrive at PDI Centre:- 11th March 2009
Arriving at dealers on Friday 13th March 2009
Collecting from dealer Saturday 14th March 2009

It wont be long now. :) Make sure you post up some pics when it arrives.

:aggressive:I am also in the same boat Guys. My A3 S Line has been awaiting shipping for 2 1/2 weeks, I have contacted Audi who have said delivery is still around 10-14 days away. I could walk there and collect it in that time. Damn those stealers!!!!