New S3 Ordered

S.

Save the manuals
Reaction score
hi everyone , i'm new to the forum, but i waited this moment for a long time... today finally ordered new s3, now the painfull wait begins :drag:

they said 2 or 3 months,
but in a two week i will know the exact delivery date

thanks
ibis white, black leather/alcantara, heated seats, brushed aluminum inserts, armrest, fbmfsw, sunroof, rear parking system, hill hold, heating and folding mirrors, concert radio - think that the navi plus with mmi is waaaaay expensive

I could never order a new car because when I decide I want something I have to have it now! 3 months!:wtf:Congrats on your choice of car tho!:respekt:

Nice one,the wait will soon go and it will be worth it, did you get a good discount, I have heard there are some great deals available.

Mark

MMi on the options....oooH

Sounds great, another white one then, big club growing now!

well...in the audi brochure it says navi plus with mmi logic, so i guess that would be it.
it was white or black, or maybe sprint blue which looks better than it looks on the pics.
yeah, i've got a good discount, well, for my country (not uk) i guess.

croatia.
yeah...i was excited too, hm... and still i am :laugh:
so, what are you going for?

Ibis White / FBMFSW / Nav / Sunroof / Heated seats / Blackout grille (I think). Will confirm everything on the weekend.

Plus in Australia a lot of the things I see as being options in other markets are included as standard here. Such as centre armrest and rear parking sensors. There's others too, but I don't know the specs of the non-Australian markets well enough to work it all out.

that's right, in some markets fbmfsw is standard, such as leather/alcantara and etc. but not here.
it depends from market to market i guess.
nice specs there.

good luck mate three months soon fly by, when i finally got my a3 s line i waited 3 months to be built then my neighbour smashed into it after 5 weeks of having it

its all fixed now though

bad luck :(
hope it won't happen to me

good luck mate three months soon fly by, when i finally got my a3 s line i waited 3 months to be built then my neighbour smashed into it after 5 weeks of having it...

That happened with my MINI too. It took 14 weeks from order to delivery and 3 weeks after arriving I took the long way home from work and hit a kangaroo. Then, due a stuff up ordering parts it took 7 weeks to fix it.

:scared2:

Taken from UK Audi site, info on MMI for the S3 (8P) MY 2009:

Detailed information

DVD Satellite Navigation system Plus

XXL.jpg

- DVD-based route planning and guidance with MMI control logic and 6.5-inch colour monitor, 3D map display, RDS radio, DVD player for Navigation system, audio or MP3 CDs (cannot be used at the same time as Navigation system) and 2 integrated MMC/SD card slots for MP3. Includes Driver’s Information System (DIS) and European coverage disk. Chorus II Plus/Concert II Plus audio system deleted with this option, therefore a 6-CD auto-changer is recommended (must be ordered in combination with Electronic Climate Control on 1.6, 1.6 FSI and 1.9 TDI Special Edition models). Deletes cupholder

Not sure if that means the kind of MMI we would be aspiring to, or the usual half ar$ed approach we have now.

just thought to give a little update...my car will be here by the end of may...and that makes it two months from ordering it:arco:

Good luck and enjoy browsing the forum doing your own head in while your waiting. :jester:

The wait drove me bonkers but was worth it when it arrived.

hi everyone after almost 3 months of waiting my car is here :yes: picked it up yesterday afternoon and i am very impressed by the car, words can't describe it...now the only problem is running in for a 1000 miles :think:
only 800 to go :racer:
for now i think its worth every penny. :beerchug:
will post some pics when i find camera.

Congrats, bet you love it.
Out of interest do you know whether it's an MY10 or MY09?

Enjoy it! Cant beat the feeling of getting a nice new car.

I wouldn't be too concerned about taking it gently, thrash the **** off it if you want to as long as its warmed up first.

Chances are its probably been sat on the rev limiter during engine testing in the factory anyway.

it's MY09, I didn't bother with MY10 because i didn't spec RNS-e. and to be honest it doesn't bother me if it's MY09 or MY10. the car is absolutely great in every aspect. can't wait for the engine to loosen up.

:moa::moa::moa::moa:
and that new OEM DV sounds great!

Ahh the second wait now begins. See if you can wait until the magical 1000 clocks up before you give it a good licking.

I bet you cant :whistle2:

I just broke it in gently :racer:

:moa::moa::moa::moa:
and that new OEM DV sounds great!

Could you please post some photos to cure my thirst for the time being?

BTW, I was told the car was made in week 8.... but how can I check the actual time when the car was made?

:s3addict:

sorry camera phone photos from dealers, will post some better quality photos as soon as the rain stops. think it has something to do with chassis number.

^^^

Looks fantastic!! :rockwoot: Ibis and Meteor are my considerations for next car.

i'm still waiting for mine to arrive....
The long waiting is finally over... got the new s3 (made in Feb09) yesterday...

Although there was no flat-bottom steering wheel, magnetic suspension, AUDI MMI... etc. It is still a very nice car. Now I just need to get over the 1,500 km... :sob:

3739266193_e7dbcd082f.jpg
]
3740076008_c9640dd5d4.jpg

i would be more than happy to do it for you :whistle2:
great specs mate, ibis white with black interior looks great (you can always retrofit fbmfsw, and rns-e). enjoy your car as much as you can, it's made for it, and don't forget to park at the end of the parking lot :icon_thumright: