Strange noise- Help please

paul_devon

Reaction score
This is a bit of a strange one. Ive just bought a 2004 1.9 Tdi A3 and there is a noise I'm getting is at around 40mph onwards with my foot slightly pressed on the accelerator. It kind of sounds like a flat tyre but not as loud. If I take my foot off, it doesn't make the noise. The noise speeds up with car speed and not engine speed.

Any help will be much appreciated as to what you think it could be

have you checked your tires inside wall just a though or it may be bearings or something someone had a simlar problem look through the threads im sure someone will get back to you soon enough

Thanks for that. The inside of the tyre is warn slightly. Is that something that would cause the noise to appear when my foot is on the accelerator and go away when I take my foot off?

it could be that, drive down a straight road and if you put ur clutch down you should coast, but if you slow down a lot quicker than normal it could be an alignment issue, also drive down road and take hands off wheel n see where it takes you! it should go straight, and slightly to the side of road, and thats to do with the camber of the road!