Booked in, yet again! When will this bug stop!

tobycruse

Reaction score
Recently got off the phone from Shaun at AmD to have my car booked in again for some bits and bobs.

The first thing that needs to be looked at is the transmission. Since getting the Sachs clutch and SMFW there has been a problem with changing gear at very high revs. Say from 2nd to 3rd, foot on the clutch, out of 2nd and try to move the stick into 3rd and it will not go in until the revs have dropped. Shaun is confident he can resolve this.

While the car is in i though i could get a few more bits and bobs done.

I am having the Forge CAI wrapped in gold heat reflective tape, this should help keep the intake temps just that little bit lower. (A page out of Jonnys book)

A Defi boost gauge will be fitted in on of the air vents, needle and colour matching the dials on the S3's dash.

The K&W V3's will be adjusted on the front end to stop the cars steering feeling light under heavy acceleration.

And finally to have a Forge Twintercooler fitted! Have been looking forward to having a front mounted intercooler fitted for a while now. I like the look that it gives the car and am very interested to see the performance increase. An early morning drive or late at night when the temps are -5C outside the car should fly!

The car is going in soon. When i get it back i will be sure to have a full write up of the twintercooler and lots of pics so watch this space!

blinkin ell you have got the bug indeed.

bet they lay rose petals down on the floor infront of you when you walk into amd!!!

got to say though, if i had the money, i would be the same as you though!