EM TuningAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Black wheels for Ibis White S3 - Help!

I'm hoping to get an S3 soon and am in 2 minds whether to get it in Ibis White or Sprint Blue.

I've always regretted not getting my Golf GTI Ed30 in white with black wheels - and while my head tells me white is a bad colour for the Scottish climate... my heart thinks it looks amazing!

I've seen a few pics of A3 / S3's in white with black / dark MTM Bimoto's and think they look perfect... but when reading about them it seems they're extremely heavy, and also very expensive.

What I want it something similar in style to the MTM's, but a bit cheaper and lighter (up to around 1k without tyres) Can anyone recommend some black / graphite wheels that look good on a white car? Perhaps post some pics with their recommendations? I think I'll stick with 18's though as the roads round here are terrible and the rims would get ruined by potholes. Also it will save me a few 's as I'll be able to swap the tyres from the original wheels.

If I go for the blue car then I'd be wanting to swap the wheels for something grey / graphite anyway - so either way I'm looking to change.

I've looked through several wheel sites, but all I can find that I like so far are...

Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2
    OZ Ultraleggera (although I think the spokes are too thin!)

... but I can't find any apart from the MTM's that really grab me!

Any opinions / pics are appreciated.

2. # ADS
    ADS

waiting, waiting, waiting

Status
    The price isn't right, but...

BBS CH Black w/Polished Stainless Lip

AUSmotive.com | AUSringers.com

Currently: 2004 MINI Cooper S & 2006 Mk5 Golf GTI
    Ordered 28 March: 2009 Audi S3 / Ibis White / RNS-E / Sunroof / FBMFSW / Heated Seats / Blackout Grille / Week 19 build / ETA July

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    what about white on white be different

Status
    That's JDM dawg.

Ordered 28 March: 2009 Audi S3 / Ibis White / RNS-E / Sunroof / FBMFSW / Heated Seats / Blackout Grille / Week 19 build / ETA July

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    whats that mean jdm ?????

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    what japanese domestic market is that what it means ?? still who cares id givit a go

Status
    Japanese Domestic Market.

Also...

TireRack - OZ Alleggerita

Very tidy.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    what japanese domestic market is that what it means ?? still who cares id givit a go
    Yeah, I wasn't saying it was a bad thing.

5th Gear

Status
    Not sure on the make I saw them on a car at ultimate dubs. There was a stand selling them, cant seem to find there brochure at the mo, and i didnt get a price.

They were on a stand with http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/ not sure if they were selling the wheels, they are not shown on there website. Might be worth giving them a bell if your interested

Previous
    S
    Ibis White - 2007

Current
    A5 Ibis White - 2007
    S3 Black - 2001

VCDS user

6th Gear

Status
    Have you considered white wheels - there was a white A3 at ultimate dubs with deep dish white wheels and boy did it look sexxyyy...

Rare as well..
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the replies so far...

I think white on white looks great - but having owned a JDM Honda Integra DC5 in white, I know what a pain in the ass it is to keep white wheels! A white car is a pain too - but I found I spent an hour cleaning the wheels and 20 mins cleaning the car if I was doing a 'quick' wash!

Currently I have the BBS CH's (or VW Pescaras) on my GTI edition 30 which look great and are a high quality wheel - but I fancy something different this time.

Those OZ's posted look pretty nice - another possible option. The white Momo's are nice too - its a shame they don't do that style in black. The ones on the yellow car would be good for the Sprint Blue car - but I don't think they're dark enough for me (personally) on a white car.

Keep em coming....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    ...The ones on the yellow car would be good for the Sprint Blue car - but I don't think they're dark enough for me (personally) on a white car...

Pfft, haha!

New A3 on Order

Status
    White on white looks great but they have to be exactly the same colour or it looks funny.

I would go for white with black, why not just get the normal rims powder coated?
    A3 1.9TDIe in Red On order.
    Sport Pack, I Pod, Folding Mirrors, Light Pack, Storage Pack, De badged. Should be here June.

New A3 on Order

Status
    White on white looks great but they have to be exactly the same colour or it looks funny.

I would go for white with black, why not just get the normal rims powder coated?
    Sport Pack, I Pod, Folding Mirrors, Light Pack, Storage Pack, De badged. Should be here June.

Neutral

Status
    Liam - the Golf looks good, but I still think it would look better if those were actually black! If it had the black Monza 2's it would be sweet!

Matthew - I agree totally... trying to get the exact shade would be a pain. The Honda ones were ok as they came as standard the same colour.

Powder coating is an idea - but I'd rather keep the standard wheels standard and get a new set.

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    white rim black centre nice !!!!

white and black again

white and black again it would about 200 quid extra but be different it would be worth it i like the 2 above

3rd Gear

Status
    i would get it in white with black bbs ch alloys, you could then get the blacked out front grill and lamin-x on headlights! will look very mean! there was a post about a bloke who done that and blacked out his mirrors, he tuned his s3 to over 400 bhp, cant find the post, can anyone find it for me please!

3rd Gear

Status

New A3 on Order

Status
    That TT has the problem my mate has where the whites were differnt it just ruins the car IMO. The A4 With the Whit Rim Looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10blazin View Post
    white rim black centre nice !!!!

white and black again

white and black again it would about 200 quid extra but be different it would be worth it i like the 2 above

Status
    Liam - the Golf looks good, but I still think it would look better if those were actually black! If it had the black Monza 2's it would be sweet!
    I didn't used to like black wheels, but I'm learning to like them... Besides, if I order an Ibis White S3 it might be a bit too freaky to go with anthracite wheels just like my wife's car.

1st Gear

Status
    here's some MTM's with a custom graphite finish, not the best of pictures and won't help you decide

08 Ibis S3, REVO stg2+, APR HPFP, Milltek TBE, ITG intake, BSH catch can, H&R springs, 19" MTM's, Lamin-x'd
    ???bhp, ???ft/lbs

Status
    Another one to consider...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by liam View Post
    Another one to consider...

Is that not an Ultraleggera? That was one of the 2 that I liked in my original post!

18's or 19's?????
    I'm just a little worried that 19's will affect my ride too much - and also if I fit 19's, will the car NEED lowered - or will it look OK on standard suspension?

Neutral

Status
    On another note.... does anyone have any pics of a Sprint Blue S3 with Titanium / Graphite coloured wheels? Just curious as to what it would look like?

Status
    Is that not an Ultraleggera? That was one of the 2 that I liked in my original post!
    Yes.

18's or 19's?????
    I'm just a little worried that 19's will affect my ride too much - and also if I fit 19's, will the car NEED lowered - or will it look OK on standard suspension?
    I'm going through the same issue. I think 19s will look better, but you're right, you then need to stump up some cash for new suspension.

2nd Gear

Status
    Turinis or TD 1.2s get my vote mate.. On a Golf, but you get the idea..

Status
    I wish we got the Ed30s in Australia.

1st Gear

Status
    I have a Black eddtion on order for May, I will also be selling the titanium black alloys in 18" if anyones interested.

http://www.easycarblog.com/wp-conten...edition-uk.jpg