Need advice on SPECS for new A3!!

jacky

Audi newb!
Reaction score
Heya guys..

I am away to order my new A3 in the next two days..
But i am having a torrid time choosing the specs..

I am going for and an:
Ibis White A3 SE 1.6 (With Technik upgrade)

So far i am getting:

*Drivers Info System (Comes with Technik upgrade)
*Multi Function Steering Wheel (Come with Technik upgrade)
*Fog Lights (Come with Technik Upgrade)
*Centre Armrest (Comes with Technik upgrade)
*MP3 compatible Concert sytem (Comes with Technik upgrade)
*BOSE Speakers (Comes with Technik upgrade)
*17" '5-Spoke' Alloys
*Cruise Control
*De-Badge
*Bluetooth handsfree phone in armrest

Additional Specs (THIS IS WHERE I NEED HELP!!)

I was thinking:

*Black Styling package.. (Would this suit an Ibis White A3..?)
*Black Tints From B-Pillar backwards.. (Would this suit Ibis White..?)

What i want to know is that, will these additional specs suit the White car??.. I have looked around and i think they would suit.. but ur the experts! :p

ANY PICS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

NOTE: I am only 17.. I consider myself really lucky to get this for my first car .. the reason i can only get a 1.6 is because of insurance..

Kind regards
Jack

I'd go for the black styling package but not the tints. Tints look a bit gangster/boy racer to me...

Id get tints bud yeah, only limo black looks chavvy in my eyes, nothing wrong with medium smoke on the back 3, not too dark to see through at night, not too light during the day..

Get the styling pack, then get some lamin-x for the fogs and lights, look the dogs!

Can they only come in one shade from the dealers?! If so thats very very poor!

yeas privacy glass is pooooo poo..... i got medium tints all round but if you worried about the law get medium tints on the back and light on the front it looks legal and blends the windows in much better than half smoked and half not IMO apart from that not sure some lowering springs and 19 inch wheels ??? lol

Can they only come in one shade from the dealers?! If so thats very very poor!

Yes the only factory fitted ones they can give is under the name: 'Privacy Glass'

Description out of catalogue: "Dark tinted from pillar-B backwards"

Any more suggestions??

Chances are even light tints on the front will still be illegal as the glass is factory tinted.

However as with everything if you don't take the pee hopefully you won't have any trouble from the law.

they are but you wont be pulled for light tints as the back blags you havent touched the front but blends in better.... olaf

Lighting pack??
Ipod or USB dock??

puddle lights and lights in the roof of the car front and back also in the footwell neer your feet

Hmm.. yes there is an ipod dock coming also..

However, What is a lighting pack??.. could u explain what that is.
thnks

Hmm.. yes there is an ipod dock coming also..

However, What is a lighting pack??.. could u explain what that is.
thnks

Dont bother with the iPod sounds like its in the bathroom broardcast through a plastic cup & shoestring.

Unless the ipod dock has changed on the facelift I wouldn't bother. Its pretty hopeless

Get the blackout grille. :beerchug:

190254057_mZfH2-M.jpg

Dont bother with the iPod sounds like its in the bathroom broardcast through a plastic cup & shoestring.

I have an IPod interface on my A3 together with a Symphony 6CD player. I had it fitted to my existing A3 to check what the quality was like compared to playing CDs. I've copied the same CDs as I have in the Symphony onto the iPod and personally I cannot tell the difference between the two.

For the new A3 I've just ordered I included the iPod interface but only a Concert radio.

Sorry to gate crash but i have ordered the I Pod link and didnt check that you can use it with I touch's/ I phones will i still have to use my old one that i leave in my current car?

Go for tints and the black styling pack. This may help you decide:

DSC01073.JPG

DSC00844.JPG

got to dissagree with the tints get em done by your self audis are to dark
heres some smoked much better

pic.jpg

got to dissagree with the tints get em done by your self audis are to dark
heres some smoked much better

My last car had smoked front windows and to be honest it was a bad idea. If you are coming out of a junction at night you really cant see too well. Yes, you can see, but you will find yourself having to double take everything. I would stick to the law and have it from the pillar back. Also things like maneuvering in the dark are made tricky with tints as you cant see your side mirrors so well.

Up to you at the end of the day, i just know that when i got into my new car and only had tints from the pillar back it made night driving a lot easier...

'Toby' Thank you .. u have been very helpful mate..

After seeing your pics i have decided to go for tints and black styling!..

It looks very nice on ibiz white!.. Thanks again buddy! :anbet: