2.0tdi 140 problems

luke1987

Air Ride is for Ballers!!
Reaction score
well ive just got home having taken my poorley car back to audi. i was sat at some traffic lights in stockport and the car just suddenly died and wouldnt restart, then the glowplug warning light started flashing followed shortly by the engine management light, i then finally managed to start it but it just didnt feel right, like it wasnt as powerful. i got it back to audi but it did cut out twice more. they've given me a replacement car while its in as im still under warrenty. has anyone else experienced this problem???

i had a similar issue with a 06 plate 2.0 tdi passat sport, it turned out to be the turbo, the turbo fan broke off and flew into the engine causing some serious problems.

my car had white smoke blowing from the exhaust also

think the 2.0 tdi engines do have a fair share of issue's

mine didnt have any smoke comin out of it, the guy at audi said it could be as little as the fual regulator or pressure?? dont really know cars so i dunno, he said what ever it is then its covered so at least its gettin sorted.

if its under warranty, you've got nothing to worry about. They'll sort it and if your not happy, keep taking it back.

what age is the car as I'm thinking dpf issues as this is popular isnt it, isnt there a dpf icon in dash, wasnt sure myself.

i had that crap with my car it was juddering and power crap it turned out to be the coil one was dead replaced it ... fine after that

its an 06reg, its gettin done for free like you said so im not worried, ill just keep sending it back if it doesnt feel right. called in the show room today and spoke to the service guy and he siad he hasnt had the technicians report but he thinks its waiting for parts (wouldnt surprise me if they havent looked at it) ill just keep the a4 estate they gave me for as long as it takes, although it is a little slow compared to mine!! better than nowt tho