Wind Noise

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
As this is my first Audi, I haven't really got much to compare it to, but driving to work this morning, there seemed to be quite a bit of wind noise coming from the front and drivers side window. I know it's fairly windy today, but is this usual? I thought they were quite quiet??

i guess it depends what ur used to, i used to have a fiesta and the audi is so quiet compared to it, but compared to other cars the a3 might be louder. it could be the ur rubber seal all around the door and windows arent tight, but i really doubt it! might be worth going for a drive in another a3 to see the difference!

Noticed mine seemed a bit noisy but Im pretty sure it depends on how windy it is and what direction the wind is blowing. Seems a lot quieter than my Ibiza anyway.lol

Anyone live around Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds, and wants to take me out for a blat down the A14? :beerchug:

would do m8 but im a little to far away...

but if you are ever this way then i will take you for a blat so you can compare.

oh i am in great yarmouth, :sly:

Might be about that way Thursday at some point, thought the A3 was incredibly quiet almost too quiet until i took the rubber door seal of partially to hard wire the road angel in and didn't put it back in properly.

Cheers for the offers, will take a look around the rubber seals at the weekend when I give it a wash.

So, I turn the radio on and everything goes silent again :unsure:

lol - sounds like the best plan

I drove a vectra before and a 3 series before that, and they seemed pretty quiet. Just wondered if it was normal as it looks like the screen was replaced at some point bu the look of the scratches on the windscreen rubbers!

lol - sounds like the best plan

I drove a vectra before and a 3 series before that, and they seemed pretty quiet. Just wondered if it was normal as it looks like the screen was replaced at some point bu the look of the scratches on the windscreen rubbers!

I noticed that issue as well when I got mine - is your car a facelift? From what I've experienced Audis are normally library quiet so I put it down to the oversized mirrors! Just depends on the way the wind's blowing though!

yeah it's a 2003 53 plate facelift, had a look and there is no window rubber across the top of the windscreen not sure if there's meant to be one?

Having been in mhills car on Saturday I was impressed with the lack of wind noise at usual cruising speeds and the overall general quietness infact.

I've noticed this on my new S3 sportback also - a bit of wind noise from what sounds like above the drivers window. I just assumed it is meant to be like that.

Isnt that the Audi Bose system we have in our cars, Noise Cancelling isnt it :undwech: