S3 options

mnoble

Reaction score
hi all, I am looking at ordering my SB S3 soon and would be interested in thoughts on options list below. Extras - Acoustic parking system - rear, Cruise control, Bose sound system with 8 speakers, iPod console located in glovebox, Pearlescent paint, Manual rear side blinds, Interior light pack, Light and rain sensor pack - A3, Storage pack - A3, Xenon plus headlights and Electric lumbar support. are there any that you wouldn't have, and and any essentials that I have missed. would appreciate and opinions/comments thanks

1) Acoustic parking system - rear, MAYBE - Although A3 is small, its high haunches make it difficult to see out back, so I would say yes IF you don't like parking much
2) Cruise control, YES
3) Bose sound system with 8 speakers, YES
4) iPod console located in glovebox, NO, Rubbish. Total disappointment as only 6 playlists (one of which is the entire library), and NO TRACK names. A huge oversight / shortcut and a horrible waste of £150. Go for a 6 dics head unit with MP3 compatibility, or for nav with a changer.
5) Pearlescent paint, YES Looks nice in the sun, and adds some class
6)Manual rear side blinds, If kids then yes else no - are tints better???
7) Interior light pack, YES, expensive but I love it. Adds to special feel
8) Light and rain sensor pack HMMM, MAYBE. I like auto lights, and I like my diming folding exterior mirrors (and dimming interior), however the rain sesning wipers aren't great. Ended up using RAIN-X to counter this but no use at slow speeds where the auto wipers are frankly rubbish.
9) A3, Storage pack MAYBE - I have through hatch (Ski aperture) with rear armrest and a cargo net, but I didn't want any other nets in the footwells as they look cheap and nasty. There are storage points under the seats, in the centre console, the glove box, the door pods, the armrest etc, so that was enough for me. Its a car, not a cupboard, but then if you have kids your mindset may be different.
10) A3, Xenon plus headlights MAYBE - Personally I love them, but others on here will say they are an extravagent waste of money for limited benefit. I cam from a car with awful lights (Leon Cupra R), so I wanted decent lights as we tend to do a lot of driving holidays in unfamiliar places which inevitably have horrible tight twisty roads. They worked very well going through Snowdonia last year at nightime. I wouldn't change them.
11) Electric lumbar support. MAYBE - AGAIN, another Marmite option. I have a dodgy back so for me it was a no brainer. If you've never had them yo won't miss them.

Hope that helps!