QUESTIONS

tom-craig@hotmail.co.uk

Reaction score
i am just about to order a concert iii head unit ,can anyone confirm it will play mp3s,also does any one have any of the parts for sale to fit it .it is going in a 56 plate so i will have to trim down the control panel any help or usefull guides greatly appreciated.:icon_thumright:

Have you already got the double din in the car then cause if you have then no need to trim anything & if you havnt got the DD then its not just a trim & push into place, have to change the back holding bracket 1st.

no mate ,i am currently biddin on ebay so need every thing to fit it did a search it is mp3 just wanted it confirmed however like i said i need the backing plate/cage and new switches hopeing some one on here has them cheers

A Concert II+ will play MP3 CDs. Wont there be a difference in the antenna system if your changing a Concert II for a Concert II+?

A Concert II+ will play MP3 CDs. Wont there be a difference in the antenna system if your changing a Concert II for a Concert II+?

Concert 2 uses same as rns antenna system mate as had that in my a3 before rns-e

Concert 2 uses same as rns antenna system mate as had that in my a3 before rns-e

Yes I know that it does. My posts dont indicate otherwise.

The OP's question was about fitting a II+ into a 56 plate car, Therefore I guess he has a II radio currently?? as he was asking about MP3 playback ability.

As the II uses the same antenna system as RNS-E, fitting a II+ (which has a different antenna system as we know) may cause reception problems for the radio and log fault codes.

Lmao, must have been reading another thread at same time as re-read that, sorry, yeah you were saying that if you go from concert 2 to 2+ would there be change, yeah you're right there will be a change, but if he's got concert 2 & wants concert 2+ then personally the antenna swap cost would be better spent on rns upgrade & gives him so much more wouldnt you agree Isaac

Tell me hows the new A6?

then personally the antenna swap cost would be better spent on rns upgrade & gives him so much more

Tell me hows the new A6?

Indeed, I couldnt be ***** doing a double DIN conversion to just fit a Concert II+. But each to their own I guess eh?!

A6 - **** hot!

Yeah tbh I cant see point of the DD swap if its just for the concert 2+, doesnt give you enough better functionality to warrant the cost/time, but as you say each to there own & not my car so why not huh.

Which A6 mate, is it the LeMans? I was considering an A6 tbh but always seemed tad large, any review of yours by any chance & maybe image or 2?

Slightly OT so apologies to the OP!

I got the 3.0 TDI Auto LeMans, Just a normal A6 I guess! Plenty of pics on 'trader etc etc.

Superchipped to 285BHP so all is good now! Best car I have ever owned by a mile. Yes its big but I like that and the Mrs feels safe driving it.

Has 19's, Nav, full leather + rest of usual S-Line spec, I retro'd AMI, DAB and auto dimming mirrors. Does 44mpg on the motorway, 25-30 around town.