Is there a DIY for fitting face lift tail lights to sportback?

~RS~

Reaction score
Can't seem to find one, but I am sure someone done the install with pics using the kufatec adapter.

I just need to know how to remove the tail lights to swop over & where the grey wire on the kufatec adapter need to be wired into.

Cheers!

i fitted my lights its pretty easy to do your gona need some extra wire to lenthen one of the loose wires on the loom.... both loose wires go to the numberplate lights you just strip some wire off the live going to the plug and wrap both loose wires from the looms around it and just tape it up ...and dont mix up the left and right loom or they wont work then you gone have to get someone with vagcom to code your light the codes on that thread below are correct

Cheers lads!

10blazin - how are the light units removed from the car?
How much wire would you say was needed (length wise)?
How do you know which is right and left :) Or is it trail & error

your looms should arrive in bags on the stickers on the bag it will say left in German the other bag says right in German ....you have to take the bumper trim off and you need about 2 feet of cable to add to the left loom the right reaches to the plug going to the number plate the left i had to extend..... i got the looms on and wiring done... the lights inside screw out easy the outer light you undo the screw under the little caps in the side trims left and right use a flathead screw driver to undo the screws then the outer lights are a bit of a tw*t to get out i snapped one of the pins that hold em in there so annoying.... but even with both snapped the lights just screw back in fine and hold in place fine look at the thread ....benskin shown you and give it a go i managed it it took me 30 minutes to do and a big thanks to kaz for doing my coding

Cheers lads!

10blazin - how are the light units removed from the car?
How much wire would you say was needed (length wise)?
How do you know which is right and left :) Or is it trail & error

:asskicking: Can't believe I missed that, doh! 'Links' or Left in English... I'm going to give it a go now mate... hopefully I don't break anything! Will I just get a warining light on the DIS without coding or something not working?

Anybody have vagcom in central/ nw london?:tumble: :)

the lights will work fine with out coding its just the brake lights light up to and when you brake they get brighter i drove for a week like this until i got the coding done and that sorts it out

Aha, thanks 10blazin, your explanations have been helpful. I got them fitted earlier, they look very nice.... I've seen them on the face lift and pics on here, but when you get the chance to study them for a while they really make quite a noticeable change.

Were very easy to fit as well, seems that someone has taken the lights out before and manage to lose a grommet... all went back together fine though