exhaust

gixxer600k4

Reaction score
hey, i have been looking for a new exhaust for some time now, i really only want a milltek resonated as i dont want it to be loud but have a bit of a sweet tome to it, but milltek dont do one for the 2.0 fsi and they advised me not to fit the 2.0 tfsi system so i have been looking at this

http://www.abt-sportsline.de/en/tun...chnik_439_19_3/produkt/ABT-rear-muffler-1756/

its only the back end so will not get any performance gains but im not too fussed as i will wait for performance tuning when i get another car as the 2.0fsi is not very tunable!

anyway, back to the point, i tried looking on here to see if i can purchase it but cant find a price for the thing! anyone know how much it is n where i can get it from, also does anyone know what the build quality is like n what it sounds like! i dont want to be a boy racer!

cheers

Have you looked at other companies like:

Magnex
Scorpian
Mongoose
Blueflame

Or even get Powerflow to make you a custom exhaust, maybe just a back box to your liking - that way, you can have it as loud or as quiet as you like!

yea looked at all of them and couldnt find a decent one for my car as they always done an exhaust with like a 4 inch big bore or something stupid. spoke to blueflame and they would custom make me an exhaust but i was just wondering whether i just buy a OE looking back box n save money for when i really need it like buying an s3

Have a look here:
http://www.remusuk.com/model.asp?id=2.0l FSI 110 kW, 2003=>&mod=A3 Mk2 (8P)&man=Audi

I've got a Remus on my V6 and it fits and sounds great.

If well designed, a rear silencer should give nearly as much power gain as a cat back system, as the back pressure is reduced significantly.

Powerflow and most other cheap and cheerful custom exhausts will often lose power as they are not designed and tested for a specific vehicle.

i just really dont want it to sound loud when tick over, if i had a v6 i would love it to sound loud cos it has a gorgeous note to it, but a 4 pot just sounds like any other little engine really! i just want a nice 'pur' and i dont want that sort of bubbling sound which you get from some big exhausts! i know that remus a good performers but not too sure what it will sound like!!!

cheers for finding the for me!

i just really dont want it to sound loud when tick over, if i had a v6 i would love it to sound loud cos it has a gorgeous note to it, but a 4 pot just sounds like any other little engine really! i just want a nice 'pur' and i dont want that sort of bubbling sound which you get from some big exhausts! i know that remus a good performers but not too sure what it will sound like!!!

cheers for finding the for me!

My Milltek was quite boomy. The Remus sounds sporty without loud. Being TUV approved I don't think they can get away with being as loud as some others!