Fitting a Sub and need help

anton2015

Reaction score
Theyre not bad subs tbh.

Wiring - you need to run a power wire from the postive battery terminal through the hole where the clutch pedal should be, under the door well trim, down the side of the seat and into the boot and into the postive terminal of the amp.

then a negative from the amp and earth it to the rear seatbelt screws, if you fold your seat forward and take the boot mat out and lift a bit of carpet, you can see these, they're 2.

then you need to run the RCA and remote cable. If you have an aftermarket HU, then you simply connect the rcas to the output and into the amp and put a remote wire from the blue wire (if will be labelled on top of the headunit as remote) to the remote terminal on the amp.

If you dont have an aftermarket HU, do the same with the remote wire but you need an rca adapter which lets you add RCAs to the standard headunit.

PM me if you need help - it isnt hard tbh!

Thanks for the reply, now I am on the right track :yes:

My current setup is all OEM. Isn't there a way to connect the cables going to the current amp to the new one ???

Makes sense that all the cables are there, even if it'll take a wile to find out which is which.

Halfords for the RCA adapter I'm guessing ?:uhm:

Im not sure how good the oem wires are as the amp is quite crap tbh so I'd advise putting some nice 8awg wire or 4awg is even better but 8awg should be fine - you can get complete wiring kits off the bay tbh and they're good quality. Try to go for autoleads.

You can probably get the remote wire from the standard amp if you want but i havent seen the amp myself so cant really comment!

Halfords are rip off tbh - have you tried a local audio store or even the web - ill try and find a link for the rca adapter for you now..

you'll need one of these to get the rca from your existing headunit to have a rca out: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audio-line-level-convertor-p-7023.html

Not sure how good that one is but its a decent make.

TBh, to get the best out of the system, you wouldbe better off with an aftermarket HU with a preout and i have a spare adpater to connect up your rear speakers to the headunit too. But you'd also need to take a lead from a fuse in a fuse box to the red wire on the stereo so it goes on and off with the keys as your car is canbus and this signal isnt revognised by the radio but taking the wire will solve this!

HTH