Sachs Clutch + Autotech + Revo Stage2+ = WTF !

Iggu

Reaction score
I’ve just got back from AmD – a 240 mile trip for me – and can only say that I am still in shock at the difference this has made. You have to experience this Revo Stage2+ to really appreciate it – words can’t come close but I’ll try.

Before this week my car was Revo’d (Stage 1) with a Milltek TBE and Forge Intake and was delivering 342 bhp and 344 lb/ft. It was seriously quick on road and track but my knackered clutch meant a Sachs upgrade – and that opens the door for more power and torque with no worries of slip.

Now, with Stage2+, it is delivering 349 bhp and 358 lb/ft. Not much of a difference you might think ? Forget headline gains at maximum outputs - this is missing the whole point. It’s what happens in between low power and peak power which seems to stop the world spinning. The angry ferocity of the car’s acceleration all the way through the rev-range now is just shocking – it's as if the car has drunk 10 pints of Stella and is gunning for a fight. You just cannot hold it back. You know when you first get a remap and it makes you laugh like a kid every time you floor it ? This doesn’t. On the many occasions when I floored it on this long drive home there was no laughing – just open-jawed silence as the horizon kept jumping through my windscreen. I’m waxing lyrical but it is THAT good.

And for all those who are having clutch slip like mine last week (see the “My Car Is Bust” thread) – just be grateful and thank your lucky stars because now you’ll have to get a Sachs upgrade. This is sooooooo much better than the old sloppy OEM one – firm and sure and with 300% more “bite”. The feel of it is totally different. It is heavier - but in a positive way which communicates strength and tactility. I absolutely love it.

On top of all this, and despite booting it at every opportunity, I averaged 30.8 mpg over the 240 trip. No change from beforehand at all (I’ve always got great mpg from this car for some reason).

The service at AmD was, as always, perfect – and the price so competitive that it more than justified my 480 mile round trip. Shaun goes the extra mile with his customers – he’s never too busy to chat in detail about your car and how its running. He did several rolling road runs and played around with the Revo settings before settling on B8, T7, F9. And once again I’ve got a nicely laminated printout with all the before and after runs on it (no scanner at home to upload now though).

If you can – go Stage 2+. Its life affirming.

your writeup sounds... inspiring.. haha congrats mate

exactly what clutch have you got? is there only one sachs clutch?
im a bit confused... from the other thread it sounds like dealers have a sachs clutch they can use as well?

i always thought that you needed a fuel pump upgrade to run the stage 2 software. you havnt had any fueling problems?

Nicely done Iggu! Definitely a worth while upgrade without a shadow of doubt....

Who did the SACHS upgrade for you? Audi? or is yours aftermarket?

Nicely done Iggu! Definitely a worth while upgrade without a shadow of doubt....

Who did the SACHS upgrade for you? Audi? or is yours aftermarket?

Aftermarket mate - AmDTechnik did it (they've done all my mods).
It was worth it to me to know the car was being worked on by expert technicians who were fitting a genuine Sachs system. From what I've read by you, Wusman and Sakkie the dealers in SA seem a lot more customer focused that the dealers we have over here. If you were over here you'd understand why I went with AmD I think .....

what is a competitive price? Are these expensive or a fairly cost effective upgrade?

Aftermarket mate - AmDTechnik did it (they've done all my mods).
It was worth it to me to know the car was being worked on by expert technicians who were fitting a genuine Sachs system. From what I've read by you, Wusman and Sakkie the dealers in SA seem a lot more customer focused that the dealers we have over here. If you were over here you'd understand why I went with AmD I think .....

Cheers for that mate. Would you mind providing a part number for the SACHS kit fitted to your car in the event mine fcks out at some time again?

Regarding SA dealers, Wus and I have been quite fortunate to establish a decent relationship with our service manager who by the way is from the UK :) He is ever friendly and loves all the mods we have done to our cars to bits! He seemed to have quite some fun last week when they fitted the Haldex controller :)

what is a competitive price? Are these expensive or a fairly cost effective upgrade?

"Expensive" and "cost effective" are subjective things I suppose, but Sachs clutch, new clutch bearings, new flywheel, fully fitted - £1k all in.
Not cheap but for what it does to the car and the guaranteed longevity and peace of mind - it is very cost effective to me.

Cheers for that mate. Would you mind providing a part number for the SACHS kit fitted to your car in the event mine fcks out at some time again?

Not at all - glad to help out in any way I can. On my invoice the Sachs Organic Disk is WC141881864999502 and the Sachs Clutch Cover is WC141883082999787

Regarding SA dealers, Wus and I have been quite fortunate to establish a decent relationship with our service manager who by the way is from the UK :) He is ever friendly and loves all the mods we have done to our cars to bits! He seemed to have quite some fun last week when they fitted the Haldex controller :)

You see that's the difference right there. A dealer here is liable to say: "You've modified the car. Your warranty is void. You are human scum."

"Expensive" and "cost effective" are subjective things I suppose, but Sachs clutch, new clutch bearings, new flywheel, fully fitted - £1k all in.
Not cheap but for what it does to the car and the guaranteed longevity and peace of mind - it is very cost effective to me.

I appreciate that, I don't think thats a ridiculous price, considering your write up and it unlocking the engine to more power gains

nice write up.

If I hadn't just bought the RNS-E to retrofit the fuel pump would have been my next purchase with Stage 2.

Given I don't have the Sachs clutch (just a replacement Audi sourced one), it seems like it may have been wasted money as I'd have ended up with more problems.

You can have all the power you want, but if you can't put it on the tarmac you're no further forward. At last, there seems to be a suitable mod to replace the weak OE parts.

Roll on next years bonus :drool:

iggu i take it they dont change the fly wheel just the clutch plate and the cover cheers alan

You need a new flywheel as well.
If the clutch is slipping its slipping against the flywheel and causing damage.
You should get both done at the same time.

Fckers didn't have stock on the OE flywheel so they refitted the old one and claimed that the flywheel was fine when they checked it. Service manager has been on leave since last week so will take it up with him when he gets back...

Fckers didn't have stock on the OE flywheel so they refitted the old one and claimed that the flywheel was fine when they checked it. Service manager has been on leave since last week so will take it up with him when he gets back...

Mmm - they may be right I suppose but AmD showed me both my old clutch and my old flywheel and the tech guy explained exactly what was happening. If one goes the other goes - the slip markings were visible on both pieces.
Have you driven the car yet ?

Mmm - they may be right I suppose but AmD showed me both my old clutch and my old flywheel and the tech guy explained exactly what was happening. If one goes the other goes - the slip markings were visible on both pieces.
Have you driven the car yet ?

Hi

Glad all is going well and the drive back "oop North" was more fun!

The main problem with the flywheels is the extra "slack" in the assembly after very little mileage.

Cheers Shaun.

Iggu glad your happy with the outcome. And great read, very interesting aswell. Before you done the mod you had 342 bhp and 344 lb/ft. Stage 2 + is delivering 349 bhp and 358 lb/ft. As you said many people may think thats not much of a difference. But as you said 'Forget headline gains at maximum outputs - this is missing the whole point. It’s what happens in between low power and peak power which seems to stop the world spinning.' Excellent write up mate. Im sure this would help people make there mind up about Revo Stage 2+. Also good to see not changed averaged mpg. Think we can tell from the title and from few of the lines in the post that you really happy with the outcome :thumbsup:

Enjoy the car

Ashley

did they replace it with a twin or single plate mate cheers alan

Great write up Iggu, the words of a man genuinely happy with his new toys! Glad your happy with it all.

I'm really happy to hear that your pleased with the uprated clutch. It's something I'm sure I'm going to have to invest in soon. I've been counting the days since I had Stage 2+ installed (4 months 7 days to be exact) and every day I'm more and more surprised the standard clutch is still holding out. Had my reservations about upgrading as I didn't want my left leg ending up twice the size of my right but now you've confirmed it's the way forward.

Cheers and enjoy.

The service at AmD was, as always, perfect – and the price so competitive that it more than justified my 480 mile round trip. Shaun goes the extra mile with his customers – he’s never too busy to chat in detail about your car and how its running. He did several rolling road runs and played around with the Revo settings before settling on B8, T7, F9. And once again I’ve got a nicely laminated printout with all the before and after runs on it (no scanner at home to upload now though).

If you can – go Stage 2+. Its life affirming.

Nice one Iggu....glad you're enjoying all that extra power and torque.

I also had the pump and Stage 2+ done recently at AMD and like you found,the pump and map do smooth out the delivery and remove some of the hesitation that you seem to get with the stock pump.

Mine is still having a few misfire problems,which Shaun has put a lot of effort into solving,and as you've also said,he really does go the extra mile.

What sort of misfire are you having. Do you have the turbo down pipe ?

What sort of misfire are you having. Do you have the turbo down pipe ?

Full Miltek,Autotech pump Stage2+.

Misfire is at 6300rpm and Shaun at AMD has datalogged the car and we're waiting for the outcome....top marks to AMD for all of their help and advice...I really can't praise the service enough.

Other than that the car goes well,and is much like Iggu's.

Great write up Iggu, the words of a man genuinely happy with his new toys! Glad your happy with it all.

I'm really happy to hear that your pleased with the uprated clutch. It's something I'm sure I'm going to have to invest in soon. I've been counting the days since I had Stage 2+ installed (4 months 7 days to be exact) and every day I'm more and more surprised the standard clutch is still holding out. Had my reservations about upgrading as I didn't want my left leg ending up twice the size of my right but now you've confirmed it's the way forward.

Cheers and enjoy.

If you're in my area you're welcome to try it anytime - I had my reservations too but its such a better "feel" on this clutch. Everything is tight and you can tell there is zero slack in the transmission of power.

If you're in my area you're welcome to try it anytime - I had my reservations too but its such a better "feel" on this clutch. Everything is tight and you can tell there is zero slack in the transmission of power.

Is it much heavier?
I sit in traffic quite a bit and the wife uses the car occassionaly.
Would you consider it Rush Hr/Wife friendly?

cheers
Paul

Is it much heavier?
I sit in traffic quite a bit and the wife uses the car occassionaly.
Would you consider it Rush Hr/Wife friendly?

cheers
Paul

Yes - and I wouldn't bulsh*t you over that.
The car is my daily commuter and its the family car - it could never be modified to the extent that it was difficult to drive (this is the main reason I got a new DMF and did not go single plate which is very hardcore from what I've heard).
I want the car to be as good as it can be - to release its potential - but I don't ever want to compromise its driveability.

After 2 days driving it I'm not noticing it really - but I bet if I drove one with the old clutch it would feel as floppy as an old dishrag.

Yes - and I wouldn't bulsh*t you over that.
The car is my daily commuter and its the family car - it could never be modified to the extent that it was difficult to drive (this is the main reason I got a new DMF and did not go single plate which is very hardcore from what I've heard).
I want the car to be as good as it can be - to release its potential - but I don't ever want to compromise its driveability.

After 2 days driving it I'm not noticing it really - but I bet if I drove one with the old clutch it would feel as floppy as an old dishrag.

Hi Iggu...I assume from this you'd considered the single mass flywheel here...

http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/...orsionsgefederte-scheibe-mit-organischen.html

I've been looking at this as one of the next steps on mine,and having driven cars with sintered paddle clutches previously,I wouldn't mind if it was much heavier than standard,if it was almost unbreakable!

Hi Iggu...I assume from this you'd considered the single mass flywheel here...

http://www.sachsperformance.com/EU/...orsionsgefederte-scheibe-mit-organischen.html

I've been looking at this as one of the next steps on mine,and having driven cars with sintered paddle clutches previously,I wouldn't mind if it was much heavier than standard,if it was almost unbreakable!

I definitely did NOT want the single mass flywheel - I like to hear my music in the cabin of the car: not the rattle of the clutch like a bag of ballbearings round my neck.
They are stronger for sure but this would have been a step to far for me - so a new DMF was my choice. I'm after power - but don't want any compromise to comfort.

I definitely did NOT want the single mass flywheel - I like to hear my music in the cabin of the car: not the rattle of the clutch like a bag of ballbearings round my neck.
They are stronger for sure but this would have been a step to far for me - so a new DMF was my choice. I'm after power - but don't want any compromise to comfort.

Arf Arf...!

I've had single mass flywheels up until fairly recently,and had a balanced lightened one on the Sierra Cosworth,but to be fair,the crank,pistons,rods and flywheel were all balanced on that so it was actually very smooth.

I don't know what a mostly stock engine would feel like!

Thanks Iggu I'd take you up on that but if you're 240 miles "up" from AMD, it may be just a bit to far. Mind you, it'd be a great trip out in my books.

Out of interest, what settings did your car end on. Mine's B9, T5, F9?

Mr Igg, next time your in Gods country (Newcastle area) feel free to let me know and I will make some time to warm your tyres up!:)

Cheers!
Paul

aha ! found someone else in newcastle lol i thaught i was alone, what else you planning on doing to yours paul ? iv got my milltek and stage 2 map thursday the 2nd i cant wait :-D

Thanks Iggu I'd take you up on that but if you're 240 miles "up" from AMD, it may be just a bit to far. Mind you, it'd be a great trip out in my books.

Out of interest, what settings did your car end on. Mine's B9, T5, F9?

No probs - anytime you're in the area get in touch. Mine is set up on B8, T7, F9 - but every car is very different isn't it ? Its just what suits your machine best. That's the beauty of Revo !

Mr Igg, next time your in Gods country (Newcastle area) feel free to let me know and I will make some time to warm your tyres up!:)

Cheers!
Paul

Will do mate - although God's country is Salford surely ? :)

aha ! found someone else in newcastle lol i thaught i was alone, what else you planning on doing to yours paul ? iv got my milltek and stage 2 map thursday the 2nd i cant wait :-D

You'll love the Milltek - you never get bored of the difference it makes. Enjoy !

What is the 0-60 acceleration figure on Revo 2+?

With a standard clutch high 4s easily, take a couple of tenths off if you've got a Sachs or other uprated clutch on their, as you know you can get a sick albeit smelly launch and really take advantage of the haldex with one of those fitted.