When to get cam belt done?

cpinch73

HOLEBANGER
Reaction score
at what mileage do i need to get my cam belt done on my A3 3.2 Quattro s-line DSG?
Ive just bought mine with 45k on the clock.

Many thanks! :sos:

Yeah - Defo chains!

Noting to worry about.

Just oil filter, oil, air filter, brake fluid, dsg oil & filter, fuel filter, haldex oil, sparkies and i think thats about it on your car!

Is it just the 3.2 that uses a chain?

How about the 2.0 TDI? (Come on chain!)

I think the 2.0TDI's have a belt...... Fairly large intervals though :)

Yeah - Audi offset the large intervals with expensive servicing and parts though! :rolleyes:

lol yes that they do. The belts on the tdi need doing at 80k now as aposed to 60k like normal.

:rock:

Yeah - Audi offset the large intervals with expensive servicing and parts though! :rolleyes:

ACtually... I just recieved a letter from the Audi garage saying that Audi have revised their cambelt change schedule 'based upon UK weather and usage conditions'. The new change interval is apparently 80k miles or 5 years, whichever is soonest.

I wonder how much of this to take with a pinch of salt... co-incidentally I recieved this letter just as my car hit 5 years... (and 60k miles)

If you have it in letter form from Audi Uk i would take it as gospel.

Tell them that when it snaps and get your free engine :lmfao:

TDIs defo have a belt - its only the 3.2 engine that has the chain (as does teh r32).

I'd never trust what audi say - i changed mine i first got the car! It was 4 years old and udner the mileage they day!