Side AirBag Problem !!

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I've had My Audi A3 on a 53 plate since June last Year, and I've had this Air bag light on ever since. My car is a Cat D and it had a crash on the Left side of my car before I bought it. I did a Vag Check from a Helpfull Guy On these Forms the other day. Came up with :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 15: Airbags Labels: 8P0-959-655-84.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 959 655 F HW: 8P0 959 655 F
Component: Airbag 8.4ED H01 0130
Coding: 0011602
Shop #: WSC 06435 000 00000

3 Faults Found:
01589 - Igniter for Head-Airbag; Passenger Side (N252)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)
001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - MIL ON
00655 - Seat Belt Tensioner Igniter; Passenger Side (N154)
002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - MIL ON

Now I don't know whether to Get one of these VAG COM Airbag Reset Tool.
Or Rip out my car to see if it's a cable or something.....

If I do decide to rip out my car is there anything out there like a D.I.Y Guide or any thing ?

How was the seat repaired? As the airbag will have ripped out of the side of the seat, was a replacement seat fitted? Did they refit a new airbag and seat belt pretensioner or have they just stiched up the seat without replacing the airbag?

How was the seat repaired? As the airbag will have ripped out of the side of the seat, was a replacement seat fitted? Did they refit a new airbag and seat belt pretensioner or have they just stiched up the seat without replacing the airbag?

I don't know how it was Repaired.

Anyone got suggestions?

not to put you off mate but if they just stiched the seat up then you will need to get a new seat airbag, seatbelt pretentioner, maybe even the b pilar airbag. The airbag system being a closed system will not work if even one component is not working properly.

Could try and reset the code from vag-com first

not to put you off mate but if they just stiched the seat up then you will need to get a new seat airbag, seatbelt pretentioner, maybe even the b pilar airbag. The airbag system being a closed system will not work if even one component is not working properly.

Could try and reset the code from vag-com first

I don't think there has been any attempt to stich up the seat at all. I've cleared the code but it still comes up...as the airbag light on the dash still comes up....