6p facelift stuff in a 8p?

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and just in the process of getting my first Audi.
Its a 2006 A3 sport, (8P)

i was wondering if some of the stuff from the new 2009 models would fit straight into the A3 i am getting?
like the new rear lights, front headlights with xenon and DRL?
they seem to look like the same size stuff and im guessing it should be a straight swap for the rear's, i am also guessing once i get my hands on the DRL headlight switch the front headlight should also work but am i wrong in thinking they will be a straight swap?

Ash

All the rear parts will fit inc the new style rear bumper/valances. The front its a different job all together, wings, bonnet,front panel, lights, bumper, grilles, its all different but if money is no object, theres no reason why it cant be done, its all bolt on. If you get 09 wings you need the mirrors too for the side repeaters. Not sure if not having any is an MOT failure though.

in that case forget the front, il go for my custom CCFL angel eyes and xenons with led DRL :)

you just reminded me, im interested in fitting the door mirrors with built in indicators from the facelift version, can that go straight on without playing too mych with other parts??

If you get 09 wings you need the mirrors too for the side repeaters. Not sure if not having any is an MOT failure though.

All cars registered after something like 1984 need side repeaters to pass an MOT.