Volks AutosMonster Motorsport

Thread: futher tunning

In pursuit of audiness:)

Status

futher tunning

I was wonder is it worth it to tunning my a3 any more. This week im putting downpipe from milltek to make complete exhaust system. Now what is next stage? hybrid turbo and uprated clutch? Would you guys go futher with 04 plate a3 and 106k on the clock? Any experience? tunning car is so addictive (not sure if spelling is correct ) ive done one thing then i wanna go futher and futher but its so enjoyable
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line
    Mods - |Remap | 18" rs6 wheels |
    To be done - 19" wheels | Tints | Sat nav retrofit | RS6 steering wheel

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I know what you mean mate, iv only just begun however

TBH if you are gonna take it further I would do it on a newer car, I kow it sounds harsh but with 106k on the clock you could do some serious damage to the internals and over stress some fairly tired parts. But thats just my opinion....

If you wanna mod if further why not go for some external mods? Single front grille, head lights, tail lights front lip and side skirts, rear vallance, tints the list goes on!
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)

Status
    what is mileage on yours?
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by madluke View Post
    I was wonder is it worth it to tunning my a3 any more. This week im putting downpipe from milltek to make complete exhaust system. Now what is next stage? hybrid turbo and uprated clutch? Would you guys go futher with 04 plate a3 and 106k on the clock? Any experience? tunning car is so addictive (not sure if spelling is correct ) ive done one thing then i wanna go futher and futher but its so enjoyable
    I know it's already been said,but you can't just add a hybrid turbo and uprated clutch to an engine with over 100k on the clock and hope not to have trouble.

For a start,the pistons and crank may need some attention,and you may need to uprate the oil and water cooling as well.

Also...the cost of a decent hybrid turbo plus fitting may make you think again.

Better perhaps to stop with simple engine mods,and then attend to the handling and braking....that way you may end up with something reliable,that also handles.

1st Gear

Status
    Mine has now done 73K but is raising fast!

I have planned: RS6 18" wheels, Eibach Lowering springs, Leon cupra R front splitter, custon stainless back box (thinking oval now), and leather if I can afford it.

By then I will hopefully have a really nice quick reliable diesle to do my 100 mile round trip to work each day.

Status
    this is so annoying car past 100 k and you may have a problems ok if i dont want to go for engine clutch and turbo upgrade, what should i check now to know what will i have to change / repair in future??? Thanks for reasonable answers lads. I feel bad cus im back in love with my car after some tunning/work done. and now i hear that i may have troubles
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line

As far from JBS as possible !

Status
    Sorry but i totally disagree with everyone else on this thread. 100K is nothing on a diesel engine as long as it has been serviced properly. No more reason for rods or pistons to go on a 100K engine then a 50K engine. The two parts most likely to fail on a diesel engine is the turbo and clutch both of which you are replacing with uprated stronger parts.
    06 Audi 2.0 PD140 Sport TDI Quattro S-LINE.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

Other car 500+ bhp MK4 Golf R32 turbo.

2nd Gear

Status
    theres always more ways you can tunn your car. Just by buying a tunning magazine you will get some encouragement.

Also, you could go to your local tunners and speak with them; they may have some tunning ideas for you.

Last week I thought id run out of tunning ideas too, but then i bought an anodised tax disc holder, it looks great

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZBiT View Post

Last week I thought id run out of tunning ideas too, but then i bought an anodised tax disc holder, it looks great
    Changing your tax disc holder isn`t tunning your car.
    Old engine 330 bhp @ flywheel 263 bhp @ wheel 490 lb torque. Audidriver write up HERE
    Now stripped and playing with an uprated Cryo treated engine fitted with bigger turbo,water/methanol,uprated injectors etc etc.Wanting 400 bhp and 500 lb torque.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by devonmikeyboy View Post
    Changing your tax disc holder isn`t tunning your car.
    It weighs less than the old one, so i beleive I have tunned it somewhat.

Status
    ok.
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line

Status
    guys i went for rollind day yesterday. ive seen s3's doing 330-370 bhp... beasts:D I wonder what is the cost of changing turbo and clutch plus code to make it do 240-250 bhp? Any ideas? I may consider doing it
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line

Needing some S3 love!

Status
    You are looking at....

Clutch - up to 1000
    New Turbo - in the region of 1000-1500 I'd have thought
    New map - 500 ish

Status
    how about my currect turbo can i trade it or something?
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line

Status
    If you contact Turbo Dynamics they hybrid your turbo to the same spec as their usual stage 1 and 2 hybrid turbo range from the PD130/150/160 Garrett GT1749V turbos.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZBiT View Post
    theres always more ways you can tunn your car. Just by buying a tunning magazine you will get some encouragement.

Also, you could go to your local tunners and speak with them; they may have some tunning ideas for you.

English is not his first language you prick, so dont take the piss, your not funny!

I dont know who you are wizzbit, but all you seem to do is take the piss and wind people up. I am sure you have been warned before?

Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

Madluke was asking a reasonable question, to which he got reasonable answers to from everyone else. I am guessing you are just inept and stupid and have no idea about anything automotive so you just type a load of rubbish. If so do us all a favour and do it elsewhere.
    Last edited by APL TDi; 23rd March 2009 at 09:24.

Status
    Thanks APL i got used to people taking a piss cus of my english
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line