Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS3

5th Gear

Status

RS3

Similar post in the RS3 forum but thought it would generate more interest in here

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=19541

And yes the 1st comment on that thread is me.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Hahahaha - MITCH are you reading PMSL

Fingers crossed eh!

S3 (8P)

Status
    Need one of these.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    We live in hope, although you, Jamie, fail to have any kind of life outside of hoping for an RS3. Fingers crossed it happens, but if it did what would Jamie do with his life? His goal would have been achieved and he'd have no reason to live.

That's it. I'm petitioning Audi to never make the RS3 on the grounds that it would cause at least one suicide, which is one too many!

SAVE JAMIE, STOP THE RS3!!!
    That's another mouthful of coffee all over my monitor - CLASSIC.

I'm touched you care, but seriously, build the RS3, then I can live in hope that JonnyC gets his mits on one and builds one that sounds like a Groupe B uR Quattro on full chat!
    If they offically anounce this is assure you, this will be my next car all the attributes I like from the S3, but with a more fitting engine note and with a few simple mods all the performance to go giant slaying.
    Bring it on!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah but 40k hatchback, I'd rather buy an Aston V8 Vantage tbh, beautiful lines, lovely looking car, cause if they base the styling of an RS3 on the current S3 that would be a rather big let down, needs to be something more than just a big engine to spend that dough

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    I think it will happen - but I worry that it won't be done properly given the lack of corporate funds around at the moment.
    In an attempt to outdo the Focus RS for headline figures they might just lob this engine in the existing car with no compensating weight-saving measues, no suspension changes, no intake or exhaust upgrades and no change to the quattro transmission.
    Let's face it people on here (Rabbit222 for one) have got S3s that are already much better than this would be.
    I also worry that this article confirms that Audi's development boss is actually called Mick Dick.
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

6th Gear

Status
    Quite interested love to see what it look like, and the engine nose. About time i'd say. Lets hope they do

This was posted a few hours ago in the RS3 section http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090316....rbo-from-tt-rs

And just though i'd comment on Mitch post, lmao so funny 'what would he do with his life, his goal would be achieved and have no reason to live'

Get that petition up mate, before its too late. You never know how much news Jamie can take and i'll be second to sign after Mitch.

Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by mitch78 View Post
    That's it. I'm petitioning Audi to never make the RS3 on the grounds that it would cause at least one suicide, which is one too many!

SAVE JAMIE, STOP THE RS3!!!
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

4th Gear

Status
    BUt a V8 vantage would not get me, my girlfriend and all my snowboarding gear to the Alps in safety even if the heavens decided to dump a load of snow.
    That's the appeal for me, great performance with all the practicality of a hatch... it's why I chose the S3 in the first place.

If however, you only need 2 seats and RWD is OK, then yeah, you'd be a fool not pursue the Vantage/911/M6 type route... though I bet you'd miss the everday reliability of a Audi
    Last edited by Jamiekip; 17th March 2009 at 15:01.

6th Gear

Status
    I agree with Iggu there, lack of funds. And wont consider how the car should look, handle, suspension, intake, exhaust etc etc. I think they defo want to out do the Focus RS. Just as iggu said put the engine in an existing car. haha 'Mick Dick'.

How many of you reckon they will do it? Or just reckon its just another story? And how much would members on here be willing to pay for one?

Ashley

Quote Originally Posted by Iggu View Post
    I think it will happen - but I worry that it won't be done properly given the lack of corporate funds around at the moment.
    In an attempt to outdo the Focus RS for headline figures they might just lob this engine in the existing car with no compensating weight-saving measues, no suspension changes, no intake or exhaust upgrades and no change to the quattro transmission.
    Let's face it people on here (Rabbit222 for one) have got S3s that are already much better than this would be.
    I also worry that this article confirms that Audi's development boss is actually called Mick Dick.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiekip View Post
    it's why I chosw teh S3 int ehf irst place.
    And in English Jamie ?
    Phantom Black S3, RNS-E with SDS Hack , BOSE, Sunroof, iPod, ITG CAI, Forge DV, Milltek TBE, Revo Stage 2+, Autotech HPFP, Sachs clutch, Lamin-X, BBS Pescaras, H&R springs, H&R ARBs, NGK Iridium Plugs, Vagcom.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well thats true, but stand S3 next to a V8 Vantage & see which you'd rather drive away, lol, but ye space for me would be an issue, but then again if you could afford that car these days then you'd have both tbh, cause servicing etc on the Aston would be extreme for sure, old mate of mine had a DB9, took for service, 2k later & a sore asse. no thanks, but I do like the looks of the vantage, its just beautiful man, cant believe they are like 40k now

6th Gear

Status
    He got too excited Iggu, too much going around his head with this information regarding an RS3 lol

it's why I chosw teh S3 int ehf irst place.

And in English Jamie ?

Also like to add, what would you want it to look like? flared arches?
    And hope they do take the time on this model, as there be no point in just putting the engine in an S3. The RS3 would have to be worthy of the RS badge i peronnaly think. Some thing different and aggressive
    Last edited by Ash B; 17th March 2009 at 14:43.

Reverse

Status
    I'd have one priced at 35k as long as it came as a Sportback. It would have to be well kitted out at that price though.

Will it happen on the new platform or the 8P I wonder?

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    He got too excited Iggu, too much going around his head with this information regarding an RS3 lol

Also like to add, what would you want it to look like? flared arches?
    And hope they do take the time on this model, as there be no point in just putting the engine in an S3. The RS3 would have to be worthy of the RS badge i peronnaly think. Some thing different and aggressive
    I told you - there is coffee all over my computer!

Lack of funds?
    Audi have posted record profits again... they have mega cash flow right now.
    And I believe nothing would go out with an RS bage on it without the appropriate engineering put in place!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I was gonna say also, lack of money, cant see that tbh, but then again looking at other manufacturers & what they've hidden about there finances its not beyond belief huh

But given no sign of a new A3 as yet I'd speculate they'd consider RS3 on 8P tbh

All I want on the A3 now is an electronic handbrake, fecking fedup with the current with armrest position, real pain in asssssssseeee

6th Gear

Status
    Jamie hope you cleaned it up mate. And taken a few minutes to pull yourself together lol.

I suppose thats quite true, nothing would go out with an RS logo on and without the appropriate engineering. But just cant see Audi taking that much time on it, i hope they do.
    I mean i'd like it to be different from the S3 or any A3. Current S3 really nice looking car, but A3 s-line seem to close. Like there not much different in the way they look.

I told you - there is coffee all over my computer!

Lack of funds?
    And I believe nothing would go out with an RS bage on it without the appropriate engineering put in place!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ah you know what I saw other day which really made me think thats crappy, the Tiguan sporty front lines has exactly the same frontal style as the facelift 8P, exactly the same, from the bonnet lines down the grill sides to the lip at the bottom, so isnt a new style at all, just copied from the VW 4x4, not impressed whatsoever guys, anyone else notice this?

5th Gear

Status
    Lack of funds?
    Profit and cash are totally different things. They are making great profits but this is just an accounting number - and investments are funded from cash not profit.

A quick look at VW's Annual Report shows that they filed net PROFITS of over 1 billion Euros but their CASH LOSS was over 1.8 billion Euros in the last Quarter alone. You can be generating huge profits but be skint at the same time.

Sorry - got a bit technical that.

It is true to say that Porsche, however, are rolling in cash after their successful foray into the short-stock derivatives market last year so maybe they will bankroll Audi out of trouble and the RS3 will be funded after all.

4th Gear

Status
    Interesting opint you make Iggu mate - but are you basing 'cash loss' on 'cash spent' - as that is a short term view, which usually has an ROI associated over a longer period of time.
    Their finaincial report indictates last year was their most profitable year + they are opertaing with record breaking ROI.

The attached link also outlines their commitment to ongoing investment in new models and technology.

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/ab...year_2008.html

Personally, the effort to engineer an RS3 would br pretty low versus a brand new model.
    The engine is now tried and tested in the TT-RS, I'm pretty sure the brakes would roll over without issue. In terms of engineering it would surely just be case of finalising suspension, dampers and roll bars????

It would be a pretty special end of line model for the 8P and if it was 34-35k I'd buy one.

5th Gear

Status
    Audi and VW are not doing great at the moment, they are suffering from the same problems the rest of the car industry are suffering from... if it happens it would be a rare sight... and would deffo tempt me... although for that money, you are going to be close to (well on the way to) RS4 cash.

They would need to make it look special, and like others have said, make all the other upgrades to keep that power on the road!
    www.SubZerosystems.co.uk - IT Consultancy

5th Gear

Status
    Interesting opint you make Iggu mate - but are you basing 'cash loss' on 'cash spent' - as that is a short term view, which usually has an ROI associated over a longer period of time.
    Their finaincial report indictates last year was their most profitable year + they are opertaing with record breaking ROI.
    Cash loss equates to the net cash reduction over the year. Here's the cashflow: http://www.google.co.uk/finance?fstype=ii&q=OTC:VLKAY Doesn't look to me like they are spending that much cash on capex (which presumably includes R&D on new models).

ROI is a profit measure - has nothing to do with cash at all.

Personally, the effort to engineer an RS3 would br pretty low versus a brand new model.
    Fair point that

The engine is now tried and tested in the TT-RS, I'm pretty sure the brakes would roll over without issue. In terms of engineering it would surely just be case of finalising suspension, dampers and roll bars????
    The brakes are pretty weak on the S3 though - for 35k I'd want the RS4 brakes or equivalent, uprated ARBs, uprated suspension and a load of comfort kit to justify the price for an outgoing model
    It would be a pretty special end of line model for the 8P and if it was 34-35k I'd buy one.
    Me too probably !

6th Gear

Status
    That photos i believe would be of a Tdi Clubsport, think some one just changed bits on it in how they see the rs3. No design has been made or considered yet i think, only point they made is they like the tt-rs engine and want the rs3 to have it, if ever made....
    Last edited by Ash B; 17th March 2009 at 17:49.

is a retronaut

Status
    I think you just have to look at Audi's recent S and RS models to see where they're going with them.

The last S4 was very similar to the A4 but the RS4 was bounds ahead (in looks and performance).

The same goes for the current A6, S6 and RS6.

The S3 is just a sporty version of the A3 and if they make the RS3 that when they'll put in the flared arches, hyper performance and handling that's second to none. They have the ability, we know it.

I'd pay 35k for an RS3 if it lives up to my (and Jamie's) dreams!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

3rd Gear

Status
    Woosa! Thanks for the kind words Iggu

Lets face it though as much as I have enjoyed playing with my S3, I would do it all over again should Audi decide to launch the RS3...without doubt my next car...if it ever makes it to production
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

2nd Gear

Status
    I am praying for an all new RS3, current model is looking tired and needs remodelling with some tasty extras to boot.

They can start with sorting the suss etc...

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000 View Post
    I'd pay 35k for an RS3 if it lives up to my (and Jamie's) dreams!
    I have high expectations

I think you hit the nail on the head though - in order to warrant the RS badge it would need to be done properly and come in at 35k.
    My gut feeling is, Audi are looking at the TT-RS and thinking:

340bhp engine "Check"
    Uprated brakes "Check"
    Uprated drive line capable of handling 340bhp "Check"
    Uprated transmission capable of handling 340 bhp "Check"

The rest of the potential RS3 is a tried and tested unit, the 8P has been out for 5 or 6 years now - it's just a case of signing off a suspension set up and tarting it up a little (flared arches yes puuuuuuurlease!).

As far as a business case goes it shouldn't be too difficult especially as this S3 appears to have sold far better than the last one helping build the case further.

My honest feeling though, is that the hurdle they may struggle with is the flared arches - extra tooling costs etc.... Look at the TT-RS - no flared arches on that car. I think it would be a real a shame if they don't get through though

5th Gear

Status
    And presumably they will only make the TT-RS for so long. Then switch to producing the RS3 so they wont be competing with each other for sales as they wont be on sale at the same time? This is assuming the RS3 does go ahead of course.
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Nah, wont happen...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a3norwich View Post
    Nah, wont happen...
    I'm liking your thorough synposis, and reasoning behind such.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZBiT View Post
    Brilliant stuff WiZBiT

5th Gear

Status
    Regardless of what we all say and hate about Audi as a company they are very commercially switched on and will be paying particular attention to the hype following the possible introduction of the RS3. Remember when the TT was just a concept car at a show. A lot of people believed it would stay a concept, but Audi realised with the amount of interest they would be onto a good thing by putting it into production.....the rest is history. I think the RS3 will be the same. Lets just hope they get it right and make the car we all want to see.
    Facelift S3, Sprint Blue, Bucket seats, Sunroof, Sat Nav, Bose, Elect Mirrors, Light and Rain, Interior Light pack, Flat Tyre Warning, GSM Phone Prep, Led upgrade, Illuminated speaker grills.

Not anymore - Back 2 BMW (shh)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WiZBiT View Post
    Why, thank you.

Just can't see it happening. And 35K is optimistic, given that the TT-RS is around 10K more than an S. It simply wouldn't have the cachet of an RS4 (or 6). 43K is a mad amount of money to pay for TT. But 38K (as would be more realistic) for an A3? Lunacy. And specially in today's market...

Interesting that Audi now has 2 RS models in the range; a complete change of philosophy. Although rumour has it that the TT-RS is just another model in the range and it will not be dropped after a short run. In addition, it is completely manufactured in Hungary, another first for an RS vehicle. The current TT is, after all, a new product and not due for imminent change, as normally signified by the introduction of an RS model. So, would there be 3 RS models in the range with an RS3?
    Last edited by a3norwich; 17th March 2009 at 23:27.

hud at ye bam

Status
    I've been pretty doubtful in the past, but I'd say it seems quite promising now. It might be a 38k A3, but is that any worse than a 52k A4?

A sportback with wider track, flared arches, and all the TT-RS bits will do nicely!
    [/sarcasm]

6th Gear

Status
    Теперь вот немного истории Для того чтобы сказать это необходимо Об невоспетых героя Это удаляется пыль Некоторые люди принимают наследство Остальные зарабатывают мятой Мой старик не зарабатывают много На самом деле он bloomin 'skint OH MY старик это мусорщик Он носит мусорщик в шляпе Он носит Кор чтоб мне брюки И он живет в Совете квартира Он выглядит надлежащего 'NANA В его больших плита прибил сапоги Он получил такое задание тянуть 'Em вверх Это он называет 'Em ромашка корни
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 6th April 2009 at 16:38.

3rd Gear

Status
    What sort of price do Scooby STIs go for in the UK? Current model...the ugly hatch one?
    2012 RS3 / Daytona Grey / Alu pack / revo3+ / LOBA500P / LOBA CNC Intake pipe / LOBA HPFP / Forge Race FMIC / Milltek resonated exhaust / revo intake system / Devils own WMI / 20" BBS CH-R Titanium / H&R Monotube coilovers / H&R Anti Roll bars / Alu Roof rails / Hybrid RS grille / R8 paddle shifters /

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    You don't find accountancy debates interesting Marc ?
    Weirdo !

6th Gear

Status
    これで、ここでは、少数の歴史と語ったが必要だ 無名の英雄 この土が削除されます ある人は、継承はされています 造幣局からの輸入 人々の多くがないのにネウルエウンイ 事実、この老いたहेごみमेरे 彼は帽子にゴミ収集した これは、うわっイレオルスがズボンです そして彼は、フラットに住んで協議会
    彼は'真のनानाである 大きな皿の後に起動チクヒギル 彼はउन्हें得ることができる職業を持って 彼は根が何उन्हेंデイジー電話
    Last edited by MarcQuinlivan; 6th April 2009 at 16:41.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcQuinlivan View Post
    I actually take a great interest in all things financial... just thought in the context of a possible RS3 launch it was all a bit boring! Sounds to me like Jamie is trying to convince himself - "the smell of an oily rag" as Murray Walker would say!
    I think Jamie has got to the point where if Audi do launch it all notion of financial sense will be out of the window.
    Even if its 80k I bet he'll remortgage his house and get one.

4th Gear

Status
    I think Jamie has got to the point where if Audi do launch it all notion of financial sense will be out of the window.
    Even if its 80k I bet he'll remortgage his house and get one.
    Ahhhh Jamie bashing over here as well

Besides - who needs a house?

automatic

Status
    All this RS3 talk was making me yawn...all it took was a sentence, then all of a sudden I was interested:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3 View Post
    A sportback with wider track, flared arches, and all the TT-RS bits will do nicely!
    That'd do me nicely as well! Possible shortlist contender for the "hotboxdeluxe new car in 2011" award...hmm
    Still loving the 130i like the sideways dirtbag I am

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast