Foglight Glass

cyanescent

Reaction score
Hi,

The glass on both of my foglights (04 A3 TDI Sport) has been cracked. Spoke to the Audi Dealership and they said that you have to replace the entire foglight assembly.... at ~80quid each and then labour! Not keen to spend 2-300 quid!

Does anyone know whether this is in fact so, or can you get the foglight glass bits separately somewhere cheaper? The lights still work, it's just the cover that's cracked...

Thanks for the help.

-Julian

@:(

Are the foglights easy to replace? Debating whether it's worth trying to order them myself or get the dealer to do it...

Cheers
-J

They pop up every now and again on ebay so I would look there

I got a passenger side one for my car at good money but never fitted it - its brand new if you are interested?

yeah you can do it yourself no probs. take the foglight grille out and you will see the bolts holding it in, think there are 3. Then just disconnet the plug and remove.

yea as said below, pull the grill out by squeezing the top and bottom together and then you will see the screws.one on outside and two on inside, there will be a plug underneath the you need to undo n thats a simple squeeze and pull. should be about a ten min job!

Well, Thanks to the people who replied... I ordered a couple from Ebay for £50 total and just fitted them this morning! Much better than paying nearly £200! Must get an electric screwdriver sometime though... my fingers hurt from using a piddly little allen key torx thingy >_<