Traction Control Light on on start up

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.reallymeansounds.com
Hey guys,

Noticed this a few times when starting the car - the traction control light stays on even when I havent touched it

Any ideas why?

Should I be concerned? Nothing seems to happen at all and I just turn the light off

I find this happens sometimes on my car when I've just turned it straight on - seems to only happen on occasion when I've jumped into the car and turned it immediately on rather than waiting for all the warning lights to go off.

LOL mine is rarely off, dont see the point but then again, it is a derv :p

I always wait for the warning lights to turn off before turning the ignition but its just the odd occasion that the TC light remains on

Does the light not indicate a problem? Does vagcom tell you anything?

Mine was going on occasionally and staying on for a few hours at a time.....

The dealer and JohnS3 did VAGCOM checks on it and it showed nothing...

Did the double din conversion on it and it hasn't come on again! (new button)

Hey guys,

Noticed this a few times when starting the car - the traction control light stays on even when I havent touched it

Any ideas why?

Should I be concerned? Nothing seems to happen at all and I just turn the light off

The system has adapted to your driving style and basically decided your on your own LOL

When it comes on, switch off the car and start it again, if it doesn't come back on then its nothing to be worried about. If it stays on or goes red then get it checked out. I had same problem but no fault could be found.

Mine would somtimes go off after turning off and on and sometimes not.