a3 lights

luke1987

Air Ride is for Ballers!!
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get white side lights for an a3?? i had some led ones but when i put them in they didnt work and kept flashing up on the dash that there was a light out??

well i had a nosey the other day and couldnt see any, do they do sidelights to match the white headlights they do??

Mine are a blue bulb but when on, they look white...

They were in the car when i got it so dont know what they are unfortunately...

did you try turning the leds round in the socket ?? they only work one way round due to polarity and it's very rare for them to fail..

yea as said below, they only work one way round. there are normal bulbs that shine white n they are http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-w5w-xenon-c-597.html i have the bottom ones on mine, they dont seem as bright but they are near enough pure white. also, you can get them free if you pay over a certain amount, i cant remember what it is tho, i got two sets of bulbs n got them free. if you do buy from there type in audisport10 that should give you 10% off. im not too sure if there is an end date to that discount code but it worked for me last time i got them!

someone mentioned to me that as they are leds then even if they are working it would still flash up on the dash that they are out as they are low voltage.

yea that is possibly true because the car reads that the bulbs works by there being like friction when going through the bulbs, but if its LED then the will be no 'friction' then it will alert you

yea that is possibly true because the car reads that the bulbs works by there being like friction when going through the bulbs, but if its LED then the will be no 'friction' then it will alert you

LOL never heard of resistance being called friction before, but that is a good analogy. The electronics expects a certain resistance range for a good working bulb. As an LED is a low resistance load it triggers the warning, you can fool the system by using a resistor to simulate the correct load to the electronics.

A number of members on here have done it to replace the rear number plate lights - do a search.

Paul