Interior Trim

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Hi All,

Apart from Audi directly, do you know where I can get the interior trim to replace my wood effect? Just want a standard silver? Had a look around ebay but no luck :(

Take it out and get it painted, a lot cheaper and the finish will be just as good!

they are very rare on ebay and fetch a high price so I too would be inclined to get your own sprayed & importantly lacquered too.

My painting skills are not the greatest I'm afraid, would rather geniune ones rather than messing it up. Suppose I'll just have to stick with the wood effect?

You could always cover them in silver vinyl? I've thought about doing mine, I dont like the Piano black!

Im thinking about doin mine soon, either carbon fibre vinyl or gloss black, im undecided!

Found some piano black ones, and a silver gear surround. I guess this is something that you buy in bits when it comes up, rather than looking for a whole set!

Has anyone painted their trims and got a good result?

I want to replace my wooden ones but I'm put off by the prices!

I was watching for months & in the end I bit the bullet & bought new from audi, cost about £180-£200 but distinctly nicer, gives it a nice finishing touch, problem with painting/vinyl is the thickness of the coating, gotta keep to minimal or it could possibly effect the tight fit on the door cards given they use push in pressure based clips to hold in place & you cant glue then on as there are screws behind incase you need to remove the doorcard for any mods/faults on doors, so take note when deciding

So you got the lot for about £200?

Front and rear door inserts, gear surround, gear knob and ashtray?

Might enquire @ Audi if that's the case?!

Ah actually no just the doorcard inserts, sorry should have been clearer, but I see more often the gear surround on ebay, just the door trims are few & far between, ashtray is just the lid not the whole thing so dont need full on new ashtray.

I have an old piano black from my dsg & possibly an ashtray lid the same, I'll check when home.

nice. I think I'll start on the gear surround and ashtray lid as these bother me the most... I might just be able to live with the "wooden" door inserts :happy:

I'm after a DSG gear surround, is it the same as a manual one? I don't know German so are there specific part numbers to search for on ebay.de for these?

Hi, I've also got the walnut effect and am toying with the idea of replacing. Let me know if you do have the piano black gear surround and ashtray top as I would be interested.

Garco,

There is a set of piano black door inserts on ebay.de! :o.k:

Hi Triple D,
Thanks for letting me know. I've had a look on ebay.de but can't find them.
I don't suppose you have the link do you? :rockwoot: