Revo settings - anyone good ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21388
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21388

I've just got my Revo select plus switch and I was wondering what would be the ideal settings - if anyone has done this to for an economy setting - ideal for cruising on the motorway at say 75 ish ? ie pretty much zero boost ?

Richard

You can set the boost to 2 or 3 for low boost, but it might take you a day or so to get to 75mph. Turn the Fuel setting down to 5 or 6, timing should stay at 4 for unleaded or 6 for super unleaded. I suggest you play with the settings until you get the economy you want. Make sure you save the current settings before you start playing.

For performance, set boost between 6 and 9, Fuel to 9 and Timing to between 4 or 6 for unleaded to super unleaded.

Hope this helps.

Cool thanks for that - certainly gives me a good starting point !!
Have set the current settings to position B so can forget them !

Richard

Do you have VAG-COM?

If you do take some logs and post them up, then I can advise you a little on what to do with your settings

TBH I would really advise using VAG-COM if you are going to start playing around with your settings.

fuel setting should always stay at 9 unless you have a fuel pump! boost is irrelevant, the car will only make as much boost as your right foot requests! and timing should be set to the fuel you run in the car! if the car is running in the most performance related settings the car will not need to be loaded up as much to get to that point and will be in its most efficient guise!

it's all in throttle control! :)

whatever you like mate,

i still run them at 9 but if you want it to run a little richer you can! :)

Carl,

Could you expand a little more on why you recommend the fuel setting should be set to 9?

My understanding is that sometimes it may be better to run a richer AFR especially if you are seeing excessively high EGTs.

the stock fuel pump cannot supply the car with enough fuel to make any good about of power so by setting it a a leaner desired value the car will be able to make more boost and produce more power. the EGT's at fuel 9 ar only slightly higher than stock :)