Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

How long does a clutch last on a 2.0tdi

Hi all

Has anyone had a clutch go on a 2.0tdi? If so how many miles had it done and how much was it to replace?

Mine has done 73k now, and I am starting to wonder how much longer the clutch will last.

Cheers
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Now running on Bentley's y'all

Status
    Depends on the type of driving. If it's had a woman owner or does lots of driving around town, it will go quicker.

We've got a company Mondeo on 125K miles (in just over 4 years) still happy enough on the original clutch.
    A3 3.2 V6 S-Line | Brilliant Black | Full Votex Kit | 18" Cades Bern / 19" Bentley 5 Spokes in flat grey with 215/35 Falkens | Custom Code Remap
    V-Maxx coilovers | Remus exhaust | Pipercross Viper | Goodridge Brake Lines | RNS-E | Bluetooth | FBMFSW
    Previous VAGs: 99 S4 Biturbo | 06 Golf GT TDI | 08 A4 S-Line TDI PD140 | 02 Passat 4.0 W8
    Other toy: Suzuki GSX-R750 K3 Black/Silver

Leather arm rest for sale | S3 mirror covers for sale | 09 3dr tail lights wanted | Twin grills wanted PM me!

Lex
    2nd Gear

Status
    mines on 99,500 miles and feel fine and that's on a remap.

im just waiting for it to happen now because im happy if my orginal lasts 100k
    now : A3 2.0 TDI, ST-3 remap, coilovers, matte black rs6 alloys

800 spent on my car in a week, is that excessive? B***ocks is it

My BM is fixed!

Status
    As said before, it all depends on the type of driving done. Around town and stop start will wear it out quicker than motorway mileage. Remember one thing; when your foot is on the clutch pedal, its wearing it.
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

6th Gear

Status
    As all the other posts - depends on whos driving.

My previous car, Golf, lasted 33k but the previouis owner must have been a hard driver and it had engine mods...

If its motorway, expect it to go on for aggggeeesss! A mate bought a 2004 mk5 tdi with 130k and im 99% sure its on its standard clutch!
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Boycie

Status
    Mine has been "going" for a long time and im on 86k but it just depends how I drive it

I keep the revs high when accelerating and do not over take/accelerate low down the revs in high gear and there is no problem!

If I keep the car, it will be replaced along with the flywheel!

1st Gear

Status
    Cool, I kow it depends on driving style and journey type.

I do 90% motorway so hopefully I wont have to replace it any time soon.

Its good to see that yours ahs lasted to 100k lex, if mine does the same I will be selling the car before the clutch goes
    Last edited by APL TDi; 16th March 2009 at 13:16.
    2004 140 TDi sport 3dr (new turbo)

5th Gear

Status
    I'm getting mine changed @ 73k as the Flywheel is on it's way out. Getting no torque whatsoever which makes it feel like your dragging the car.

Although, it was changed by Audi under warranty with the 1st owner before hand so maybe I got a bad apple.

Either way, it's going to cost me 800 (inc. Cambelt + Waterpump mind you) which i'll be getting done next month hopefully.
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

In pursuit of audiness:)

Status
    i got standard with 106k on the lock remap done 3k ago. cant see any problems. guys are right all depends how you drive
    Audi A6 2.7 TDI S-Line
    Mods - |Remap | 18" rs6 wheels |
    To be done - 19" wheels | Tints | Sat nav retrofit | RS6 steering wheel

1st Gear

Status
    Mines just started slipping at under 80k with a remap. Lots of hard driving though.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by emzino View Post
    I'm getting mine changed @ 73k as the Flywheel is on it's way out. Getting no torque whatsoever which makes it feel like your dragging the car.

Although, it was changed by Audi under warranty with the 1st owner before hand so maybe I got a bad apple.

Either way, it's going to cost me 800 (inc. Cambelt + Waterpump mind you) which i'll be getting done next month hopefully.
    that makes no sense at all, the flywheel isn't going to cost you torque. And why would you change the water pump? I've seen clutches do 900 miles to 90000 miles just depends how you drive and weather you have your foot just resting on the pedal whilst driving.
    S3, 4 wheels, magical B8's, Eibach, Pipewerx equipped, glass windows, metal engine, silver paint.