How long does a clutch last on a 2.0tdi

APL TDi

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone had a clutch go on a 2.0tdi? If so how many miles had it done and how much was it to replace?

Mine has done 73k now, and I am starting to wonder how much longer the clutch will last.

Cheers

Depends on the type of driving. If it's had a woman owner or does lots of driving around town, it will go quicker.

We've got a company Mondeo on 125K miles (in just over 4 years) still happy enough on the original clutch.

mines on 99,500 miles and feel fine and that's on a remap.

im just waiting for it to happen now because im happy if my orginal lasts 100k

As said before, it all depends on the type of driving done. Around town and stop start will wear it out quicker than motorway mileage. Remember one thing; when your foot is on the clutch pedal, its wearing it.

As all the other posts - depends on whos driving.

My previous car, Golf, lasted 33k but the previouis owner must have been a hard driver and it had engine mods...

If its motorway, expect it to go on for aggggeeesss! A mate bought a 2004 mk5 tdi with 130k and im 99% sure its on its standard clutch!

Mine has been "going" for a long time and im on 86k but it just depends how I drive it

I keep the revs high when accelerating and do not over take/accelerate low down the revs in high gear and there is no problem!

If I keep the car, it will be replaced along with the flywheel!

Cool, I kow it depends on driving style and journey type.

I do 90% motorway so hopefully I wont have to replace it any time soon.

Its good to see that yours ahs lasted to 100k lex, if mine does the same I will be selling the car before the clutch goes :yes:

I'm getting mine changed @ 73k as the Flywheel is on it's way out. Getting no torque whatsoever which makes it feel like your dragging the car.

Although, it was changed by Audi under warranty with the 1st owner before hand so maybe I got a bad apple.

Either way, it's going to cost me £800 (inc. Cambelt + Waterpump mind you) which i'll be getting done next month hopefully.

i got standard with 106k on the lock remap done 3k ago. cant see any problems. guys are right all depends how you drive:)

Mines just started slipping at under 80k with a remap. Lots of hard driving though.

I'm getting mine changed @ 73k as the Flywheel is on it's way out. Getting no torque whatsoever which makes it feel like your dragging the car.

Although, it was changed by Audi under warranty with the 1st owner before hand so maybe I got a bad apple.

Either way, it's going to cost me £800 (inc. Cambelt + Waterpump mind you) which i'll be getting done next month hopefully.

that makes no sense at all, the flywheel isn't going to cost you torque. And why would you change the water pump? I've seen clutches do 900 miles to 90000 miles just depends how you drive and weather you have your foot just resting on the pedal whilst driving.