My car... a work in progress

~RS~

Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread to show the changes to my car as they happen. So far I've replaced the mirrors with original Audi matted aluminum mirror and changed the stock bulbs for PIAA's H7 mirror chrome bulbs. Much better and give a great white light too. Nothing too exciting, but I have the following that I need to fit-

S-line front bumper
Face lift LED tail lights
Face lift rear bumper & valance
Need to get my rails wrapped to match mirrors, grill etc.

Next mod will hopefully be an RNS-E & rear votex spoiler when cash is available. I also want to vinyl wrap the car Ibis white or matt black for summer.

Also want to do a custom RS4 style grill somehow... still figuring that one out but have a few ideas... input would be welcome!

Well, here's a few pics of the car as it is now will post up some more once the bumpers and lights are done... please excuse my dodgy pics :)

My_A3.jpg

My_A31.jpg

So what do ya think??

When you say facelift LED rear lights, what bits are LED?

Car looks good i think one of my first mods will be the RNS-E.

i was thinking matt black but that **** will melt in summer probly burst in2 flames thats what put me off

Thought I'd start a thread to show the changes to my car as they happen. So far I've replaced the mirrors with original Audi matted aluminum mirror and changed the stock bulbs for PIAA's H7 mirror chrome bulbs. Much better and give a great white light too. Nothing too exciting, but I have the following that I need to fit-

S-line front bumper
Face lift LED tail lights
Face lift rear bumper & valance
Need to get my rails wrapped to match mirrors, grill etc.

Next mod will hopefully be an RNS-E & rear votex spoiler when cash is available. I also want to vinyl wrap the car Ibis white or matt black for summer.

Also want to do a custom RS4 style grill somehow... still figuring that one out but have a few ideas... input would be welcome!

Well, here's a few pics of the car as it is now will post up some more once the bumpers and lights are done... please excuse my dodgy pics :)

My_A3.jpg

My_A31.jpg

So what do ya think??

Coilovers should be next on the shopping list.

@ N8KOW- I was looking at some Eibach springs on Ebay, but to tell the truth teh coilovers are out of ny price range right now after the lil spending spree on the bits listed above. The Eibach springs are like 99 quid inc delivery which is right uo my street at the minute ;) would love a set of coilovers though. What are the major advantages over springs like Eibachs... Sorry, bear with me I'm a noob! :)

looks good mate :)

Cheers clivesportsback!

When you say facelift LED rear lights, what bits are LED?

Car looks good i think one of my first mods will be the RNS-E.

Always been one of my problems mate, style over substance!! :) (or in this case usefulness) My mate was saying the same thing re- the RNS-E. I read that the ring within the tail light is LED I have them and there are bulbs inside the light as well as the ring. Cheers mate.

i was thinking matt black but that **** will melt in summer probly burst in2 flames thats what put me off

:scared2: Yeah, I was thinking Matt black and summer is probably not the best combo, but the stealth bomber look is very tempting (see style over substance disclaimer above :) ) That sounds terrifying though mate. Is it just the matt black your talking about when you refer to the vinyl melting?

I can kinda see where your coming from with regards to the vinyl melting, but most places who do it offer a 3 year warranty, so IMO i think youd be fine, i mean if a lambo can be wrapped in matt black, i shouldn't see why any other car would be different...

Do it! ;)

jose_280x390_559454a.jpg

Do it!! That cracks me up... started off a little dry but definitely a classic now!

SORRY I MEANT THE CAR IMAGIN HOW HOT IT WOULD GET UM UM NOT GOOD

I can kinda see where your coming from with regards to the vinyl melting, but most places who do it offer a 3 year warranty, so IMO i think youd be fine, i mean if a lambo can be wrapped in matt black, i shouldn't see why any other car would be different...

Do it! ;)

That's a good point about the Lambo Tommy hadn't considered that. I'm sure I seen the matt black on a Porsche Cayenne as well... Will have to get in touch with the company to see what they say.

I seen this the earlier while on the search for an affordable RS4'eque grill...
INA-310020.jpg

Thought take out that mesh and replace with something like this

m_scan_Diamond_XXL_Black.jpg

Add rings, S-line badge, and should look like a nice grill???

yeah i seen the cayenne to thats what got me on the matt black scene the guy with the lambo will have a garage but to those folks who dont i wouldnt get matt black uh uh matt white yeah but mat black all day in the sun sumut is bound to happen

yeah i seen the cayenne to thats what got me on the matt black scene the guy with the lambo will have a garage but to those folks who dont i wouldnt get matt black uh uh matt white yeah but mat black all day in the sun sumut is bound to happen

This vinyl is designed for outside use. Plenty of vans are covered in black vinyl - it'll get hot in the summer, sure - but won't melt. They'll be using quality vinyl which will be designed to cope with the heat.

i mean to the car over heating or sumut not the vinyl

This vinyl is designed for outside use. Plenty of vans are covered in black vinyl - it'll get hot in the summer, sure - but won't melt. They'll be using quality vinyl which will be designed to cope with the heat.

well i was thinking to get mine mattblack but remember in summer when you would grab the old matt black bin lids to put the rubbish out and it neerly burns your hand off because matt black is the most colour to absorbe heat you could fry a steak on it lol i just think it cant be to good for the car im probly wrong but the thought still worries me

Well matt black is very tempting...

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

Very tempting!!!

Matt black is the winner! I brush painted my old Cavalier this magical colour (it was about 8 years ago :happy:) and although it absorbed heat like a biatch it wasn't much worse than a normal black car.

I'd rather like my A3 the same colour (but not done with a brush) :whistle2:

At last! Kufatec adapter for rear lights has arrived... now just waiting on Audi to get their act together and send out the rear valance. Also picked up an S-line grill so all parts of the puzzle are now in place :yahoo:

Anybody got a good well priced paint shop in North or West London to recommend?

Fogs.jpg

Kufatec.jpg

Facelifttails.jpg

Ahhhh bet it feels like christmas all over again haha, infact, as you get older, new bits for the car are better than christmas!

^^ Yup, that's very true mate. Just need to get the lot painted and fitted then it's "Sleigh bells ringing" :)

I'm excited for you Mate :yahoo:...I'm going to be there very soon....one question thou...did you have to buy new lower fog lights ? don't your old ones fit in the surround?

Cheers diggz :icon_thumright:

You'll need new fogs for your S-line bumper, as the old ones won't fit. These can be had for around £40-£60 on ebay then sell your old ones for around the same!

Can anybody recommend a good and well priced place top get my bumpers sprayed in London N/W/S/E don't mind as long as the work is spot on and so are the prices :) Audi have just called to say they will be delivering the bumper & valance tonight :rockwoot:Better call the misses, she didn't know I bought these yet :):)

Also... do any of you guys have the Caractere A3 RS style grill? If so please post up some pics of it on your car...

You want the ones that fit teh S3, for some reason the company that was selling them were stating 'S3 (not for S-line)' which is incorrect as there is only 1 fog that fits both bumpers.

The part numbers for the ones you require are:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8E0 941 700C[/FONT]
&
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]8E0 941 699C.

There is a store on eBay that sell replica new ones for 25 quid each but I can't find it right now.

The B7 shape A4 also uses these fogs so search for those in eBay too.

[/FONT]

How much does it cost to get your car wrapped, and do you have to let the DVLA know? I'm seriously interested in this :yes:

Drop benskin07 a pm mate, we are thinking group buy come summer ;) Cost (on your own) probably set you back.... say... £800 to do the sills inside door frame etc. There's a thread here where a fella named klauster had his RS4 :drool: wrapped in Ibis white! Really looked great!! Here's the thread have a looksie, then PM benskin07 mate.

Re- DVLA... you don't have to let them know, but it's in your interest to... You would probably get stopped by the police alot because of the discrepancy. The change with DVLA recitified when wrap is taken off.... have a read of this thread though:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=67557

Ah ha, cheers for that :happy:, just need to decide on the colour. Was thinking white, but that is going to be over done soon, what with all and sundry doing it, so might go matt grey, lol

Yesterday, with the help of 10blazin & benskin07's useful posts I managed to fit my face lift rear lights. Very easy job once I got past my initial reservations about taking bits off of my car myself.

a very worthy mod IMO, well worth the cash... really updates the rear of the car... can't wait to get the new bumpers on now.

Not the best pictures as I suck a taking them, camera isn't the best either :)
Here's what they look like on...

new_lights.jpg

A3side.jpg

nice mate, any night/evening pics :) i fitted the audi exhaust trims yesterday :) £24 from e bay :)

Not yet will get some tonight though... Nice one I am waiting for my trims to arrive ;)
Did you fit them yourself?

well done mate its its starting to look like mine lol.... good mod though so much better than the old lights just need to code em now eh then youle see how good they look at night ..awesome

Yesterday, with the help of 10blazin & benskin07's useful posts I managed to fit my face lift rear lights. Very easy job once I got past my initial reservations about taking bits off of my car myself.

a very worthy mod IMO, well worth the cash... really updates the rear of the car... can't wait to get the new bumpers on now.

Not the best pictures as I suck a taking them, camera isn't the best either :)
Here's what they look like on...

new_lights.jpg

A3side.jpg

yeah, they were a ****** to get off though :( hacksaw and force got them off 1hr max :)

well done mate its its starting to look like mine lol.... good mod though so much better than the old lights just need to code em now eh then youle see how good they look at night ..awesome

Cheers mate, yours looks very nice so I suppose thats a good thing :) lol. When coded what are the differences?

yeah, they were a ****** to get off though :( hacksaw and force got them off 1hr max :)

Nice one, might look into that when mine arrive, save a few bob for other mods ay ;)

Here's those night pics :rockwoot:

lightsnight.jpg

lightsnight2.jpg

Waiting for deliveries from eBay is like waiting for London buses.... nothing comes then they all turn up at once...

DSC02143.jpg

LED's to be used as number plate light replacements...

DSC02146.jpg

Thought I'd give making an RS type grill a try.... I think it's coming along ok, still I have a bit of work to do on it, it's far from finished... To get a feel for how it will look I attached held the mesh in place using some cable ties... will use Marine goop to fix tight when finished though.

Honest opinions on it's progress would be appreciated!!! :ermm:

S-linecutaway.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

Still need to trim the mesh up neatly... Also as you might have noticed the lower part of the grill mesh seems slimmer. This is as I have placed the lower half of the mesh the opposite way round to the top which gives a more pronounced honeycomb appearance, although the mesh then appears slimmer.... not sure which way I prefer...

DSC02156.jpg

Better pic of options for mesh:

DSC02159.jpg

Planning to sand down chrome to give matt effect next... also add S-line badge, and maybe the Caractere ring holder??

Is that a no from you then wizbit?