Illumination Wire on ISO - In Right Place for A3 ?

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Off Uni until Thursday so thought I'd stay home and start on my ICE Install.

But - My original ALPINE ISO has been in endless cars so had a wire a new one on but not too sure about the orange illumination wire.

Is it in the right place in the ISO block to make the stereo dim when i turn the lights on?

Its in between the yellow and black wire (Earth and Power) on the ISO block.

Is this where i should leave it or do i have to wire it behind the iso into the cars loom (which i dont really want to).

To scared to test it as i dont want to blow anything.

Cheers

Found out the ilumination wire in the ISO does nothing but its defo one of the wires in the big connector block....

Does anyone know where i can get the illumination wire from ?

In an a3 the illumination signal is sent over the can bus.

Thanks Jon!

Hmmm - Where do you guys with the aftermarket stereo get your stereos to dim from when you put the lights on.

My Alpine has ****** bright lights and lights up the whole of the interioir at night.

Thanks for that PNS.

i dont really want to spend £50. Just spent over £1.5k on my ICE install already and funds are really tight!

Do you know where that coverts a canbus signal or re-routes it?

This is as i found an orange wire behind the thick non iso adapter that looks like the illumination wire. Need to buy a new volt meter and try it but if anyone knows, id appreciate it.

Cant you tap one of illumination wires for something like the cig lighter or the climate control panel?

I was thinking that but the cig lighters all the way in the centre console and really dont want to take it out!

Does anyone have a print out of what the non iso block does - i worked out that one of the sides top and bottom is for the rear speakers :D

Bumpy - a print out for the non iso wire would be really really appreciate or where the illumination wire would be really appreciated :D

Cheers guys

How about taking a feed from the ESP (or similar) switch which is directly above or below the headunit?

I had the same problem when fitting an Alpine unit to my Golf Ed30. I simply sat with a multimeter and checked the fuse box for an empty connector which produced a 12V signal when you turn your lights on. Then get a spade connector from Halfords and solder it to the end of your Orange Illumination wire on your Alpine - and jam the spade connector into the empty slot in your fuse box.

Worked a treat!

I actually forgot about the buttons above the radio :S

I might try the fuse box option first and see if i can find a feed when the lights come on :D

Just waiting for a few components to arrive the post and going to be back n my ICE this weekend if the wether holds up!

will let you know how i get on!

Cheers guys!