Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Central Electric ????

O.k help please,

Ive just retrofitted fitted front fogs to my 09 A3 Sportback, buth the instructions for the wiring loom from kufatec just say to connect to "control unit for central electric D pin 2 and a Pin 4"

Can anyone point me to where I connect the looms up?

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

It seems that the Central Electric as they are calling it is in fact what Audi call the Onboard Power Supply Control Unit-J519. Looking at the wiring diagrams for the A3 this is what the fog lights are connected to.

Looking at the Workshop Manual this control unit is located "on the left under the dash panel under the relay carrier".

I have created a couple of PDF files showing these items and how to get at them from the workshop manual but for some reason I cannot access my own website at the moment to upload them and give you access.

You have two choices - wait until I can upload them hopefully with an hour or so or send me a PM with an email address and I will attach them to a returm email.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Yep - under the drivers dash behind the light switch - above the Diagnostic port..

Interested to know the route you took from the engine bay?

Doing the same at the moment - had to swap my central electrics module though as mine didn't support fogs.

Cheers

Neutral

Status
    Cheers all,

fitted wiring today,

Took the battery out and the base underneath and got in through the rubber gromment where the existing wiring runs then behind radio to the central electric.

Vag comm tomorrow and hopefully all will be well.

G

2nd Gear

Status
    Did you use just the kufatec loom? And if so did you have to extend it to come through that route?

Cheers

Neutral

Status
    answers

yes and yes

G
    2009 A3 Sportback Tdie (700miles to tank) retrofitted with Footwell and Puddle lights, Full ambient lighting, DIS, Cruise Control, Front Fogs, MFSW, Aluminium Scuff Plates

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheeky request: I couldn't get a copy of the official Kufatec instructions could I? Mine came via an ebay guy without any info...

Not to worry if not possible...

Cheers

Neutral

Status
    pm me your email address ill send them

Quote Originally Posted by phil_w View Post
    Cheeky request: I couldn't get a copy of the official Kufatec instructions could I? Mine came via an ebay guy without any info...

Not to worry if not possible...

Cheers
    2009 A3 Sportback Tdie (700miles to tank) retrofitted with Footwell and Puddle lights, Full ambient lighting, DIS, Cruise Control, Front Fogs, MFSW, Aluminium Scuff Plates