Cleaned it and need advice on what next

Lex

Reaction score
I got very bored today so i gave my A3 a quick wash and now i just want to do more.

I like the looks of it however i cant leave it as it is, needs alittle more *something*

Things done-
-RS6 alloys
-tints
-vortex spoiler
-remap
-audiobahn sub and amp (which set alight the other day haha)

Things to do
-s-line springs
-paint calipers (mainly to tidy up)
-black headlining
-replace fog light surround which a rabbit thought it would been nicer snapped!!!!

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

pic2-1.jpg

My old school Vdub side is coming out because i thought about either a rusty bonnet or a mat black bonnet but keep my original obviously.

what else shall i do to it?

Single frame grille mate.

What colour are you thinking of doing your calipers?

nothing obvious

black, silver, WHITE!

hows about upgraded front end just done mine not half as expencive as you might think and pretty easy to do

how much did your come to in the end?
i saw your thread and it does look a hell of alot better

White! I went down the silver (hammerite) route. Complements the wheels and is nice and subtle.

including paint all new parts £770 but i did buy a reinforcer and didnt need it so thats -£50 , but i did save 130 on bumper

I was just about to start a similar thread about my proposed mods... I agree front end upgrade makes a hell of a difference, heliflyer's came out very nice :thumbsup: Then some S-line badges, I read bad things about S-line springs, the sport ones on my sportback are not the greatest... I do, however, read good things about Eibach springs (they have some on ebay for £99 inc free deleivery ;) )

What about some facelift rear LED style tail lights?

Didn't see Kaz's Post!

i've been thinking about facelift rear lights however, dont they cost a fair bit?

as for the front conversion, i just dont think i can quite afford it yet but its deffo on the list.

Doesn anybody kno how to remove the headlining? im going to dye it soon. I've seen it done on uk-mkivs and it seems to be alot cheaper than buying the blackstuff already.

Lol! Dying the headlining, hoever thought of that one deserves an award! :) I'd be keen to see how much of a PITA it is to remove the headlining. The facelift rear light are about 180 quid

Where do I start lol

Exterior:

Votex front lip
Votex side skirts
S-line rear bumper
MY09 rear lights
Lamin-x front lights and fogs
De-rear wiper and insert bung
De-badge
De-chrome with matt black vinyl
change indicator bulbs to silver
rim change??
you could go the whole way and do a front end change but costs a bit

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Suspension:

Forget s-line springs, get eibach,kw or the likes or even coilovers like mine in my sig!

Interior:

TT air vents
TT/S3 steering wheel
S3 Gear knob
S3 hand brake
S3 Pedals
arm rest
interior trim - aluminum brushed or fishscale
head unit change? (imo Becker is the best head unit for the A3)

DSC00563.jpg

retrim lower half of door cards

DSC00292.jpg

retrim back of ront seats
interior light pack
customise your speaker grills

Lol! Dying the headlining, hoever thought of that one deserves an award! :) I'd be keen to see how much of a PITA it is to remove the headlining. The facelift rear light are about 180 quid

Plenty of people have dyed their headlining, maybe not on audi's but golfs and it looks like the real thing.

alot of ideas their boydie, cheers

how easy is it to remove the chrome around the grill?

Its an easy job mate - there are 3 torque screws at the top of the grill, take them out, reach in behind the grill and there are clips all round the inside of the bumper - they just need to be lifted up slightly and then just pull the grill out

same with the lower grill but there are no torques

the chrome is a bit harder now to remove - you will need a small flat head screw driver and pry it off - be carefull though as you can break the clips but 1 or 2 wont matter much

the rings are harder still to remove but its just prying

Cheers lad - hopefully get them refurbed and resprayed while I am recovering from a shoulder op.

I have one kerbed wheel :( and I fancy them being brighter with a more liquid looking silver so will keep you up to date on that! :)

Looks great that boydie, what spoiler is that and where did you get it from?

Cant really suggest anythin else to do to it, its all been said bud :)

where are the side skirts from mate and how much? what they easy to fit i lined up straight away or was various adjustments needed. i was gunna go the S3 route till i realised lower door moulding also will be needed

I got the skirts off ebay - I hunted for months and eventually a set came up

Bought them for £200, never fitted!

I have looked every now and again but a set has never come up - otherwise they are £325 from audi

check out oettinger and rieger for side skirts for the A3

The S3 ones are not that hard a job to, just a bit fiddly

Got bored again today so i butchered my front

phone pics are crap but in person it doesn't look too bad

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

its only a temp spray job because i have zero dosh and loads of vw diamond black paint left from my old golf.

im gonna find some decent places for a photo-shoot soon and i'll get them n detail.

it is a ****** to get off the grill though, i managed to only snap 2 bits off the chrome plastic bit

dont suppose anyone knows where i can get the s3 steeringwheel??? boydie i noticed that yours is a manual but with the s3 dsg steeringwheel, where you get it?

Boydie,

How much is the control module? If I get the wheel, bag slip ring and module. Does it require a Vag-Com?

Would you help me fit it? in exchange for money of course?

Matty

Boydie,

How much is the control module? If I get the wheel, bag slip ring and module. Does it require a Vag-Com?

Would you help me fit it? in exchange for money of course?

Matty

if you have a multi function wheel already, you will not need vag.com

if you dont have multi function , then yes you will :)

You should do the Votex front lip...

I have one here which I might never use. -I bought it to have as a spare in case mine got scuffed... How much are they in the UK? -I'd probably let mine go for a LOT less than whatever they sell for over there...

Keith

Where do I start lol

Exterior:

Votex front lip
Votex side skirts
S-line rear bumper
MY09 rear lights
Lamin-x front lights and fogs
De-rear wiper and insert bung
De-badge
De-chrome with matt black vinyl
change indicator bulbs to silver
rim change??
you could go the whole way and do a front end change but costs a bit

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

Suspension:

Forget s-line springs, get eibach,kw or the likes or even coilovers like mine in my sig!

Interior:

TT air vents
TT/S3 steering wheel
S3 Gear knob
S3 hand brake
S3 Pedals
arm rest
interior trim - aluminum brushed or fishscale
head unit change? (imo Becker is the best head unit for the A3)

DSC00563.jpg

retrim lower half of door cards

DSC00292.jpg

retrim back of ront seats
interior light pack
customise your speaker grills

that front lip looks great, is it the OEM accessories lip? or where did you get it?

thanks

if you have a multi function wheel already, you will not need vag.com

if you dont have multi function , then yes you will :)

I don't have a multi function wheel no, but to be honest, I am not too bothered about the MF part, I just want a nicer steering wheel!

Love the back lamps boydie,i might come and pinch them from your car if ok?

I don't have a multi function wheel no, but to be honest, I am not too bothered about the MF part, I just want a nicer steering wheel!

You still need all the parts though for the wheel to work including the powersteering and lights on the steering wheel - vagcom is a must for the installation of the steering wheel!

You should do the Votex front lip...

I have one here which I might never use. -I bought it to have as a spare in case mine got scuffed... How much are they in the UK? -I'd probably let mine go for a LOT less than whatever they sell for over there...

Keith

Alright Keith,

If you are from florida, that should mean that you have a large front grill in the front bumper instead of the twin like the ones above. If so, your votex will not fit the twin grill shape :( its a right pain in the butt as I came across a lot of splitters while searching for the facelifted front bumper!