Help me ID this Grill! Please!!!

RoadHawg

Reaction score
Right....
My GF has an 07 A3 2.0T 3 door right. She has been dying for the Optics grill but never got around to doing it.

My buddy runs a body shop and his an Audi/VW fan. A smashed A3 came into his shop with light damage to the grill. HE got the grill replaced for the customer and fixed the old one and sprayed it satin black with a white border (GF's car is white).

I want to fit it this weekend but im not so sure its going to fit. My buddy cant remember the exact car it came off (3door/5door/sportline grill etc)

SO I need som Audi gurus help:
This is the GF's current grill:
Juba019.jpg

This is the one my buddy painted for her:
S5001145.jpg

Any idea if it'll fit???
Its even different at the top (The part that would be under the hood when its on) as it doesnt have the "wings" like the stock grill has.

Im super confused.
It'll look brilliant if i can get it to fit.
Anyone???

Thats off an A8, you can tell by the gauge out of the middle. Good luck fitting it :lmfao:

Thats off an A8, you can tell by the gauge out of the middle. Good luck fitting it :lmfao:

AN A8!?!?!?!?!?!?

It cant be....My buddy is a serious VAG fan and he knows the diff between an A8 and an A3.

A8....Seriously??? I'll rag him forever if it is!!:)

Ok i got this part number off the Sticker on the top:
4A0010114S

Anyone got ETKA handy?

Lol sorry i was just laughing at WiZBiT:) I cant even see the pictures while im in work mate so cant help you sorry

Looks like an A4 grille to me...

Its an A3 grille. They are different at the top between petrol and TDI models I think?

Looks like an A3 Facelift one , still dunno why the top is so much different

Have you tried measuring the two or even lining them up against each other to see if they fit...

Yeah. But linin it up with the other grill still in place only gives you half the idea ya know.

I think im gonna try put in on anyway. May have to make a whole in the top of it for the centre torx screw but thats fine. It was a scrap grill anyway.

It looks too curved for a facelift grill, they've much straighter edges.

...............................................Pre-facelift.....................................................................................Facelift...............................

089.jpg

Yeah its definitely not a face lift one and its not an S3 one but Like the S3 there are only 3 horizontal voids under the license plate. Unlike the S3 the vertical bars are "behind" the horizontal ones.

So confused.

This on is printed on the back of the grill: 8EO.853.651 Q[/QUOTE said:
You've got the part number, phone your local dealer. All we can do is guess really.

You've got the part number, phone your local dealer. All we can do is guess really.

Hmmm Yeah. Might get her to go past Audi on the way to me....

...I'd go but my Mk1 is on axle stands coz im changing the control arm ball joints.....Gonna be a car working day i see:applaus:

Ahh Ok!!!

I think that other part number was just for the sticker! DOH!

This on is printed on the back of the grill:
8EO.853.651 Q

8E0 part numbers are A4

Looks like an A4 grille to me...

correct

Its an A3 grille. They are different at the top between petrol and TDI models I think?

Its an A4

The grill is of an A4, A3 grills have a wider piece at the top

see this ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A4-S-LIN...14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

just checked on ETKA and the part number is listed as a grille for the A4.