Does this sound right?

cameron1

Reaction score
Went and got my 2.0 TFSI Quattro tuned today locally, using the Oscarli maps from Richard Washbrook (who supposedly used to write maps for Revo).

The before and after Dyno figures given to me were as follows:

Before (Stock):
Max Power at Wheels: 174.0 bhp @ 5,392 rpm
Max Power Engine: 227.3 bhp @ 6,463 rpm
Max Torque: 239.8 lbft @ 2,484 rpm

After (Oscarli Re-map)
Max Power at Wheels: 195.8 bhp @ 4,754 rpm + 21.8 bhp
Max Power Engine: 257.9 bhp @ 6,244 rpm + 30.6 bhp
Max Torque: 284.6 lbft @ 3,559 rpm + 44.8 lbft

My before (stock) figures seem really high compared to stock figures I have seen on the web.

On paper the car should now have a lot more torque and 30 more bhp, but to be honest I was a little disappointed when I picked it up and took it out for a spin. It just doesn't feel that much different from before.

I know a lot of you guys have recently bought the ST3 systems from Chipped UK, have any of you noticed a real difference in performance?

I am probably going to get it Dyno'd elsewhere just to check this guys figures are right.

I have no experience of the 2.0 TFSI but in general, VAG underestimate power claims. My supposidly 150bhp Beetle was running 167 on awesomes rollers. I know a lad wo had a leon cupra running 198 when it was supposed to have 180. Its just one of those things!

You've also got to take into account that when you re-map a car, the change isn't instant. It generally takes the car about a tank full to adjust to the new setting before you start noticing things. You should see it getting faster with the miles you put on it.

Coss

erm, thats not my experience of remaps at all! Get in them after a remap and you should notice it, in relation to whats been achieved

erm, thats not my experience of remaps at all! Get in them after a remap and you should notice it, in relation to whats been achieved

I've always been under the impression that things take a while to reach its full potential? I'm not saying that there is no change at all to begin with, there will obviously be a step up in performance but I thought that things get a little better thereafter? :ermm:

I've always been under the impression that things take a while to reach its full potential? I'm not saying that there is no change at all to begin with, there will obviously be a step up in performance but I thought that things get a little better thereafter? :ermm:

He did mention the new map on the ecu would take a while to sort itself out and improve. I guess I will find out over this weekend.

I have no experience of the 2.0 TFSI but in general, VAG underestimate power claims. My supposidly 150bhp Beetle was running 167 on awesomes rollers. I know a lad wo had a leon cupra running 198 when it was supposed to have 180. Its just one of those things!

Our Mk5 GTI is rated at 147kW and it has been on a dyno twice, the car's engine is completely stock. First result was 149kW at the wheels, second time was 140kW at the wheels.

So, it would appear Lee_R is bang on with the claim that the power may be underestimated. :beerchug:

Going to stick my neck out here.

Had REVO on a MK5GTi, the difference was huge, from the minute it was remapped.

Had REVO on my current S3 and the difference was again, huge, from the minute it was done

IMO, all this `it takes time to adapt` is complete cack.
Maybe it does improve but it is very marginal.

The 18T, PD engines are the same too.

And Im %100 sure other here will concur.

Cheers
Paul