bluetooth & iphone 3g

Juniper44

Reaction score
Hi All

I was just wondering if the iphone 3g will work with the bluetooth prep in the s3?

Has anyone had any probs with the pairing?

I can't answer specifically with the S3, as I haven't tried it, but it works a treat on my bosses B8 A4 Avant. I also tested my iPhone on a TT last weekend and it was a doddle. No reason to expect the S3 would be any different.

:icon_thumright:

great thanks - i've got the rns-e and the dock in the armrest so don't think it will be a prob

Yeah, the TT I tested also had RNS-E. My numbers showed up on the DIS no problems and you could scroll through the list using the steering wheel buttons etc.

I have the iPhone 3G and in our 2007 S3 we get full DIS support - works a treat

The 1g and the 3g work with the bluetooth connection and address book in the DIS. Just watch for the length of your contact names as the DIS doesn't scroll them (well not on an 07 car)

It works, just a thought guys, does the iphone charge in the ipod connector in the glovey?

I don't think so, but I don't plug my iphone in there. The phone may say "this device is not designed to work with this iphone, it won't charge and would you like to enable airplane mode" Airplane mode turns the phone functions off, but lets you use it as an ipod. Give it a try and let us know.

Yeah, i will do m8 :thumbsup:

I get that airplane mode thing when ive used itrip on the phone in the van, but it worked tho! hehe, infact, when I unplugged the iphone, it continued to transmit lol. One for the scientists out there

The non charging is due to Apple changing the layout of the charging pins on the dock socket :no:. All the latest iPods are the same - my daughters new Nano won't charge in our Logitec iDock, it displays "Charging is not supported by this device" (or something like that) but my "old" fifth gen video iPod is fine.

There is an adaptor I've seen which plugs in between the lead and the iPod/iPhone to allow charging - about £30 - just google it.

Paul

Need to drag this to the top of the pile. I have a 2005 A4 B7 S-Line 3.0 TDi Quattro with RNS-E and an iPhone 4. Hardware = H53. Software = 0650.

I cannot get the phone directory on DIS.

Is it me?

I can also say the I-phone 4 works a treat on my A3 with Bluetooth!