Audi A3 Cabriolet TDI?

Elation

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm torn between the 1.9 TDI cabriolet and 2.0 TDI cabriolet.

It is a tough decision, even though the 2.0 is quicker, the price difference is quite a bit.

I am looking to purchase the following:
1.9 or 2.0 TDI S-Line Cabriolet
IBIS White
Red Leather Interior
Xenons with DRL
Heated Front Seats
18" Titanium Alloys

Anything else you guys recommend?

Wouldnt the rattle of the TDI be annoying with the roof down? I'd go petrol all the way in a cab.

White with red seats sounds perfect though, good choice!

Hi guys,

It is a tough decision, even though the 2.0 is quicker, the price difference is quite a bit.

IBIS White
Red Leather Interior
Xenons with DRL
Heated Front Seats
18" Titanium Alloys

The 2.0TDI will be the new Common-rail diesel which is much smoother and much quieter than the old 1.9, which is even older than the previous 2.0TDI. I test drove a Cabriolet with a 2.0TDI-140 engine a couple of weeks ago and it was great. I would personally go for the 2.0TDI every time.

i agree with lee sack a diesal cab go petrol the sound will **** you off bad after a bit

audi_a3_cabriolet_official_image006.jpg

seen the new golf cab to nice
volkswagen2-golf-6-10-4-08.jpg

Well, mines a 1.9 TDI and I don't notice the noise at all. To be honest theres more wind and tyre noise. As for the engine I originally had a Passat 2.0TDI 170 and 'came down' to a 105 bhp TDI. Yes you notice the acceleration but you get use to it.

With the roof down, you cruise more than beat it around :)

I couldn't justify the extra money for the 2.0 TDI, I test drove both and was quite happy with my decision.

Had the roof down on the M5 today. Can't wait for what little bit of summer we have comes!

That pic doesnt look great! I know its personal preference but I hate the way the white cabriolet looks with the roof down, it looks like a bath tub! (a bit harsh I know but its the only thing I could think of!) The design is wrong in so many ways, like its really obvious they have took a hard top and hacked the roof off. However it doesnt look as bad as the mini!

it would be an EOS all the way for me! Or the 1 series cabriolet which is much nicer and in proportion.

i dont like a3 cabs either rs4 cab for me but the best looking cab id say are hardtop bmw cabs so nice
bmw-m3-cabriolet-17-1-07.jpg

i dont like a3 cabs either rs4 cab for me but the best looking cab id say are hardtop bmw cabs so nice
bmw-m3-cabriolet-17-1-07.jpg

I'm with you on that mate. I could live with an S/RS4 cab :yes:, but the new 3 series coupe cabriolet is very tidy.

I respect the soft top which Audi persist with in the way that it reduces weight and the size of storage required to pack it away, but it is starting to look a little long in the tooth.

And personally I'd rather buy nearly new on a 2.0TDi than new on a 1.9TDi. Surely you must be able to make some money off with a deal as I was quoted nearly £2k off an 09 S3 the other week.

I had one of these the other week while the car was in for a service, it was the the 1.9Tdi Sline, considering I couldn't stand the sight of it when released it actually grew on me through out the day...I wouldn't have one out of choice however, I can't speak of the 2.0 but the 1.9 was gutless, especially on the dual carriage way, I'm sure a remap would obviously help though, one other thing I didn't like was reversing, it's full of blind spots...it should come with a white stick really...lol

I applaud the way Audi are sticking with fabric tops...I reckon the folding tin roof novelty will wear off soon - weight, complexity, expensive after a few years use because they will be knackered (on peugeots and stuff anyway). Plus, whats the point of having a cabrio if they don't look any different to the coupe :noway:

But I'm a young old fart anyway, I like tradition :tapedshut: My g/f's mate has an A3 cab and it's quite a nice car...but the tombstone things behind the rear seats ruin it for me, ugly ugly ugly :puke:

I have had the 2.0 TDI Cabrio DSG since July imo it's ****** fantastic. I to can not wait for the summer, we intend to tour Slovenia & Croatia for three weeks this year. Mind I am one of these idiots who has the top down whenever it's not raining.

Man I wouldnt have an A3 cab if I were you.

If theres many more guys that think like me on the road - You will be perceived as "puff" haha

Go for an A4 cab if u must have one.

Mini cabs are for women IN MY OPINION!!!!

Mind I am one of these idiots who has the top down whenever it's not raining.
If I had a convertible I'd be one of those idiots too :haha:
10 years ago I had a beetle roadster conversion thing and I drove it top-down whilst lightly snowing in December :ohmy: well I'd just got it, and it was much easier to see out of :p brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Wizbit. They can call me the biggest puff in the world, **** them, I love my A3 cabrio.

A few people have told me the A3 hardtop is a girls car anyway! :)

I never thought anything of it, then i seemed to check and for sure, virtually everyone i see is driven by a woman, especially young Asian women! But then I still havent seen a bloke driving a Q7!

A few people have told me the A3 hardtop is a girls car anyway! :)

F**k them I say. People are obsessed with pigeon holing everything so they can quantify / classify it. A very bizarre trait of human nature.

Always say that I'll buy something if I like it, and I don't really give a shiney ***** if others have a problem with what I buy. They should be paying attention to their own lives, not mine!!

digging that theres to many haters out there if anyone does sumut out of the ordinary your loved for it and hated at the same time weird eh, jelous shits some mo fo stubbed a fag out on my car today this shiz keeps on happening ,lol its like some sicko is stalking me lol i cant wait for the day i catch em il be scrubbing it off with there lips. but im not a hater everyone to there own i say im just not in2 a3 cabs... a4 rs4 bmws thats it but i suppose when someone gets a black qauttro cab with chrome trims drops its on the deck with 19s then il change my mind all the ones ive seen are bog standard bring on the modded cabs

F**k them I say. People are obsessed with pigeon holing everything so they can quantify / classify it. A very bizarre trait of human nature.

Always say that I'll buy something if I like it, and I don't really give a shiney ***** if others have a problem with what I buy. They should be paying attention to their own lives, not mine!!

I think puffs drive a3 cabs, 206 cabs, slk cabs. Puffs, all of em. Hair blowing in the wind listening to 50cc or what ever you call it. pooofs! IMO

lol hahahahahaha you wont see any in this though

Speedart_911_cabrio_06.jpg

I think puffs drive a3 cabs, 206 cabs, slk cabs. Puffs, all of em. Hair blowing in the wind listening to 50cc or what ever you call it. pooofs! IMO

No, thats a different kettle of fish altogether imo :)

This is what the Cab was meant for:

epba3_682_483709a.jpg
;)

now this is what im talkin about painted with 40 pounds of gold costing 400.000 dollas....
gold-porsche-911-996-cabriolet-1.jpg

gold-porsche-911-996-cabriolet-2.jpg

gold-porsche-911-996-cabriolet-1a.jpg

now that is art and shes to skinny on that a3 cab now this is a chick

mt1160578402.jpg

Sexy+curvy+woman+in+red+tight+dress.jpg
:arco::arco::arco::arco::arco:

Woa, that **** is seriously masssive, I bet she can't half pack a fart!

is it eckaz shes a real woman skinny is nasty curvy chicks are the best lol

That woman in red is just fat!

yeah but the one in front of the a3 look like she got aids lol ...like bangin a corpse:puke2: .. and her in the red o my gosh peeeeeerrfffeeccct:yahoo:
but thats just my opinion dosent mean its right most men will probly like the skinny one but im dammed if i know why:think:

That woman in red is just fat!

Cos you dont need to roll em in flour to find the spot. :)

Hi guys,

IBIS White
Red Leather Interior
Xenons with DRL
Heated Front Seats
18" Titanium Alloys

hi, i went for the 1.9, had the same though as you, rather spend the extra 2grand on extras, been running ours since last july and i wouldn't say it's noisey even with the roof down.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=57487

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=59133

yeah but the one in front of the a3 look like she got aids lol and her in the red o my gosh peeeeeerrfffeeccct:yahoo:

:lmfao::lmfao: she does look proper sick that skinny one

I'm with you man I like women with a couple of rolls - and one who orders a decent meal when we go out, not 2 lettuce leaves and half a cup of water :whip:

i know theres nothing worse than you throwing you food down your neck and your chik is picking at letuce leeves with a fork i like the kinda chick that eats what i eat hahaha

My missus is on a diet at the moment 'cos we're getting hitched in the summer - I can understand that she wants to look good in the wedding dress but if she goes below a size 12 I'm gonna start sabotaging her food with lard :eyebrows:

Hey guys look what i found ya! One each!!!

fat-girls-and-fries_QNnOJtNzwFmg.jpg

lol hahaha but thats disgusting your trying to say we like something we dont ..... i said curves not fat so in that case heres one for you fake jugs to just how you like em,.......
VerySkinnyWoman%5B1%5D.jpg

or what about this one wizbit oooooooohhhh hot lol
extreme-anorexic-woman.jpg

:sadlike::sadlike::sadlike::puke2::puke2::puke2::puke2::moa:

Oh man that skinky ****, made me vomit in my mouth