Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Phantom Black 09 A3 S-line

Status

How do i tell if my audi is a 140 cr or 170 cr TDI (NEW SHAPE 09 A3)

How do i tell if my audi is a 140 cr or 170 cr TDI (NEW SHAPE 09 A3)

I orderd a 140 cr from thec leasing company yet they made a few mistakes and i ended up getting another vehicle in black, now al the documentation has come from audi finance in finding that it says 170 tdi . So im thinking i may have got the high powered engine over the 140 i orderd and paid for.

Is there any way i can check what engine is in the car by a code or chassis number or something, dont really trust the audi finance documentation.

The cars a 58 reg btw First of the current facelift shape.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Isn't there a sticker on the floor of the boot (under the carpet) that will give you a figure in Kw or PS for the power of the car. If it is in KW, convert it to BHP using (1kw = 1.34 BHP), so it should be 127 or 128Kw for the 170bhp version. If it is lower than that you know it is a 140bhp one. PS and BHP are all but the same.
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

6th Gear

Status
    on the pre facelift, the 140 had bent exhaust tips and 170 stick out - not sure whether the newer models has the same difference
    Audi A3 S-Line DSG - sold
    Golf Mk4 Autograph - sold
    Currently Vtec'in around in an Accord Type R :P

For Sale: ST3 Remap Console - PM Me :P
    Vagcom'd too

Status
    its a sline though so chrome exhausts

5th Gear

Status
    If its a facelift then surely its a common rail... dont think they produced any of the facelifts with the non common rail engines in.

Kaz - the facelift 140's now have straight out exhaust tips same as the 170 so there isn't any visual difference between the 2 engines now that I know of
    Sold: A3 2.0 TDI 170 S-line | Full leather | BOSE | Phantom Black | Bluefin
    Now: Mini John Cooper Works

Quote Originally Posted by warrencox View Post
    Isn't there a sticker on the floor of the boot (under the carpet) that will give you a figure in Kw or PS for the power of the car. If it is in KW, convert it to BHP using (1kw = 1.34 BHP), so it should be 127 or 128Kw for the 170bhp version. If it is lower than that you know it is a 140bhp one. PS and BHP are all but the same.
    The figures quoted on the Data Sticker are 103kW for the 140 and 125kW for the 170. Also the engine code on the next line under the engine power on the sticker will be CBAB for a 103kW/140 and CBBB for a 125kW/170. The same Data Sticker should be inside the front cover of your Service Schedule book.

And yes, all pre-facelift cars were PD Diesels and all facelift cars will be Common-rail Diesels.
    Last edited by h5djr; 12th March 2009 at 17:03.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Status
    Ive looked in service book it states :-

a3 tdi2.0 R4

103KW MS6 07/08

So is this a 140tdi?, if so i need audi finance to correct there records.

2nd Gear

Status
    Yes it's a 140 buddy
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 140 Sport S-Tronic (8P3)

Aruba Blue

Alu Roof Rails*Cruise*BOSE*USB

5th Gear

Status
    I had a courtesy car the other week 08 plate 140 TDI, it was a pre-facelift but had straight stainless tail pipes - so wondered if this was a facelift, however im not sure because the engine in it was absolutely awful!! Couldn't wait to get my PD170 back. I don't even remember my 04 140 being this bad!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by steve184 View Post
    I had a courtesy car the other week 08 plate 140 TDI, it was a pre-facelift but had straight stainless tail pipes - so wondered if this was a facelift, however im not sure because the engine in it was absolutely awful!! Couldn't wait to get my PD170 back. I don't even remember my 04 140 being this bad!

Kick him when he's down.