It just keeps getting better!

Silky-S3

Is loving his new 8V S3!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’ve had my 2006 S-Line 3.2 DSG Sportback for about 3 weeks now and it just keeps getting better! The last two days has seen me retrofit:

RNS-E – This is fantastic, so much better that the cassette player I had in it before, and I love the fact it displays directions on the DIS!

Map Lights and Ambient LED’s in roof – My old car had map lights so this had to get fitted, and the glow from the red LED’s look cool on the DSG stick!

S3 Aluminium Pedals – Look so much better than the old black plastic ones, and will stay cleaner as no cracks for mud to get into!

Genuine Rear Carpet Mats – Can’t believe the car didn’t come with these as standard!

Next job on the list I think has to be a FBMFSW and Bluetooth, but before that it’s going to be a full valet and a photo session!

What other retrofits do you guys recommend? I think it has pretty much every other option from the factory, but I’m not 100% sure. Maybe I should start going down the non-genuine mods route? Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help so far, this forum really is a great source of information.

Cheers
Matt :beerchug:

Tell me more about the RNS-E retrofit.

Where do you buy the unit, and from what you're saying, you get full functionality as if it were installed at factory?

Tell me more about the RNS-E retrofit.

Where do you buy the unit, and from what you're saying, you get full functionality as if it were installed at factory?

I'm just about to do this as I secured an RNS-E on flea-bay last night.

Just spoke to John S3 about it, and the hardest part is resolving the cabling for the Bose upgrade and then recoding. Nothing can ever be plug and play can it!!!

There is a guide on the sticky section on here I think.

Map Lights and Ambient LED’s in roof – My old car had map lights so this had to get fitted, and the glow from the red LED’s look cool on the DSG stick!

Good work fella! I have been following the various threads on this and am keen to do this myself. Now that you have done it, can you tell me how that mod cost you for parts and how difficult you would rate it?

Thanks in advance. :beerchug:

AR

I've always had the 'interior light pack' which includes the red LEDs and map reading lights on all my A3s and it certainly adds a bit of 'class' to the interior. Most passengers I have at night comment on it.

Hi guys,

See my post here about the lights. It really is easy, just a few clips and two screws. Takes all of 5 mins!

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=66421

If you need any more specific info, just let me know!

RNS-E - do a search on here guys, it has some fantastic guides and informtaion, I just used them and it all went great!

The install is not hard at all, just the coding bit is a bit of a puzzle to someone like me who hasent done it before!

:salute: